View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Plan Design and Onboarding Specialist
Intac Actuarial Services, Inc., part of FuturePlan by Ascensus
Just think. A career opportunity where you can showcase your technical knowledge while not having to deal with testing deadlines? That right! Intac Actuarial Services, Inc., now part of FuturePlan by
Ascensus, has a unique opportunity for a retirement plan (DC/DB) design expert to be part of making a real difference for our office. This is not a sales role, but rather a partner for the sales team to own the onboarding process, consult on
plan design for incoming proposals and be subject matter expert for prospects (financial advisors and accountants). So, no case loads dealing with plan sponsors. Rather for this role, we need someone we can reply on to draw upon their
vast technical plan design knowledge and articulate recommendations with prospects who understand the business. Not to mention, you’ll be our inhouse expert supporting our departments who can use your consultation as well! Inquire today
if you find this type of work rewarding.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for managing the overall onboarding process, client and advisor expectations and meeting service timelines for newly
sold retirement plans (both start-up and takeovers of existing plans) to ensure a smooth and efficient onboarding experience for clients.
- Also responsible for quality control and assurance for plan conversions, account transition and ensuring all
responsibilities and tasks are performed in accordance with FuturePlan’s core values and best practices.
- Provides clear communication regarding the roles of each individual involved in the onboarding process.
- Collaborates with team
members to continuously improve implementation processes.
- Coordinates with the client and advisor to review all implementation and onboarding documents are in order to facilitate the installation of the plan.
- Communicates the details of the
plan’s onboarding progress (as needed or requested) to each internal department (sales consultant, onboarding manager and service consultant) through regular contact or workflow system updates as it pertains to their open onboarding
- Must be able to prepare and discuss DC & DB Feasibility studies
- Ability to review the data to prepare the study and come up with creative solutions
- Consult on delinquent filings/compliance issues and identify consulting
time/estimate pricing needed to prepare corrections
- For a proposed plan takeover (DC and DB), must be able to review all existing plan documentation and information to make an assessment regarding the plan type and provisions to determine if we are
capable of administering the plan and/or make suggestions and help determine what would need to happen in order for us to take over the plan.
- DB Plans – must be able to prepare the studies to implement a plan and discuss them, and support
with onboarding the plan with our DB pension consultants
- DC Plans – must be able to prepare the studies to implement a plan and discuss them. Must be able to answer onboarding team questions in regards to implementing the DC plans and
any compliance issues that may occur.
- Compliance knowledge is a must for both DC and DB plans
- Consistently updates workflow system or status report to keep all parties informed of onboarding activities and progress.
training and assistance to clients to ensure completion of the client tasks and issue resolution.
- Ensures internal department’s completion of tasks by the scheduled due date.
- Provides input to Management on client issues and
onboarding delays. Proactively escalates potential risks to appropriate leadership staff that impact either service satisfaction and/or financial liability.
- Participates, as required, in solution teams to ensure onboarding processes are defined and
incorporated for new and enhanced services.
- Provide guidance to clients and financial advisors to fully inform and educate then on on-going administrative services provided by FuturePlan.
- Provide hand-off to the appropriate service
consultant to ensure a smooth transition for the client and financial advisor including identifying all open issues.
- Provides accurate qualified plan information and education to financial partners, financial professionals and clients by attending
Ascensus training sessions and continuing self-study.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by FuturePlan to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure
of information that could result in harm to FuturePlan or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing
your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration,
Mathematics, or equivalent work experience.
- Defined Benefit experience required
- Must have a sales acumen
- Must be accurate & concise
- Must have a consultative sales spirit
- Must have knowledge & experience to
- Proficiency in MS-Office software applications, including Excel and Word.
- 7-10 years of industry experience in financial services or retirement services environment is preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with Relius,
ASC or similar administration recordkeeping system preferred.
- Basic level knowledge base of ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations, and plan documents (individually designed and prototype).
- Excellent presentation skills, telephone etiquette and
professionalism, client service skills and time management proficiency.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. The ability to communicate effectively (clear, concise and professionally) with all levels within the FuturePlan
organization, as well as with our client base.
- Computer literacy with recordkeeping systems and trust systems; and experience with plan reconciliations.
- Possess excellent analytical abilities, attention to detail, accuracy and
- Ability to work in a team environment to ensure common goal of providing exceptional customer service.
- Ability to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
- Ability to work
well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to make dependable judgments concerning issues which, if mishandled, have the potential to create substantial financial and client relations liabilities
for the company.
- Must possess strong facilitation, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to escalate issues to appropriate levels within an organization.
- Ability to work additional hours as necessary to meet business
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on
people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for
retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)