View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Cash Balance Plan Administrator
Section 1: Position Summary
Management of TPA and direct client relationships focusing on Silver service model Cash Balance plans to foster strong client retention and create “raving fan” clients. Manage and negotiate
workflow of client projects ensuring client expectations are effectively established and met.
Section 2: Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all
confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core
Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Manage strong relationships with each client, advisor, CPA, and outside TPA
to foster strong client retention and ensure needs are being met.
- Be the main contact at Kravitz for our clients, advisors, CPAs, outside TPAs, and attorneys who are involved with the plans for consulting/strategic plan issues.
out consulting opportunities by always looking for ways to provide additional services and bill for those services.
- Identify and define clients’ problems. Listen for problems that client is facing and find a way to provide appropriate
- Respond to all client phone calls and emails within 24 hours.
- Complete plan implementation and other services accurately and timely.
- Work with an assigned Specialist(s) to get Normal Recurring Services done within our
- Work with assigned Specialist and/or Compliance Team subgroups (e.g., loan and withdrawals, plan documents, etc.) to get Other Services done by agreed upon due date with client.
- Request and follow-up on data, trust,
documents, and other information needed to complete our work in a timely fashion and minimize rush requests.
- Assist with plan termination tasks, as needed.
- Contact clients regarding events or issues, including changes in the law and
regulations that may affect their plans.
- Assign tasks in Workflow, manage due dates with client and update Workflow timely.
- Review quarterly client billing and assist with collection efforts.
- Prepare “Authorization to Perform
Additional Services” for other service projects and coordinate approval and payment from client.
- Attend Technical Training, office and other meetings, as required.
- Perform technical research to answer questions, as
- Keep up to date of all aspects of retirement plan consulting by reading circulated emails and papers on technical issues and law changes.
- Provide back up to other staff, as necessary.
- Participate in process improvement
- Other duties, as assigned.
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Minimum five years of experience in the retirement plan
- Excellent understanding of plan administration, compliance testing and pension law.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to work independently and be comfortable making decisions on client
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate technical ideas
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Detail-oriented and accurate
- Self-starter who will take
responsibility for completing tasks in a timely fashion
- Team player
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize
- Comfortable working with numbers
- Commitment to ongoing retirement industry related
- Team player with a positive, friendly attitude and a strong desire to grow with the firm
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Professional phone manner and excellent interpersonal skills
- Willing to work
overtime as needed
- Must be able to sit for long periods (at least 8 hours per day).
- Must be able to work on a computer at least 8 hours per day (includes looking at a monitor, and typing
using a keyboard and mouse).
- Able to use computer and talk on telephone at the same time.
- B.A./B.S. preferred
- Working towards ASPPA designations preferred
proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided
by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for retirement and college.
provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity,
gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, criminal conviction record or any
other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)