View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Defined Benefit Consultant
Pension Plan Specialists
in Vancouver WA
We believe you will find something unique here at PPS that you have never encountered before in a work place. That something is an elite group of individuals who love to work together and are dedicated to offering five-star service to each of our
clients, as well as to each other. We know that you will find an environment of positive energy that will infuse you and inspire you to be the best you can be. We are located in beautiful downtown Vancouver, WA and actively searching for our next
amazing team member. Our goal at PPS is not to meet expectations, but to EXCEED them! We hope you will exceed our expectations and that we will exceed yours!
This position’s key responsibilities
are to ensure they are always meeting and exceeding the needs of our clients by always being responsive to client, accountant and advisor inquires in a timely manner. Also, to ensure our plans are in compliance with all
Essential Job Functions
- Articulates complex technical pension concepts with clients and communicates in a simple, succinct way to confirm understanding
- Provides compliance consultation on
new business during plan implementation, including actuarial studies and illustrations
- Helps maintain advisor/client relationships as needed
- Assist in data entry for both the DB plan and DC plan when it is a combination
- Complete an initial review of census and financial data to make sure it coincides with the information we have on hand from the previous year. Review for new or missing employees, check the financial data report for any information that does
not match up or is questionable. Discuss findings with administrator and/or client/advisor/accountant.
- Prepares Annual Valuation reports, Form 5500, and related schedules
- Calculates maximum and minimum contribution amounts for plan
sponsors to determine the optimal contribution level annually including possible limitations on associated defined contribution plans.
- Directs calculation and preparation of benefit distribution packages for terminated employees
calculation and preparation of loan documents for participants taking loans from the Plans.
- Reconciles trust assets from brokerage statements and verifies accuracy of deposits/withdrawals
- Communicates with clients, accountants, brokers and
plan participants (when applicable)
- Prepares signature ready government Form 5500 and all applicable schedules
- Prepares signature ready PBGC premium filings
- Responds to auditor requests
- Prepares plan terminations in
accordance with PBGC/IRS requirements
- Prepares, interprets and analyzes plan documents, agreements, as well as legal contracts to resolve issues relating to employer sponsored plans
- Confirms all services provided to the client meet plan set
up guidelines per plan documents and IRS regulation codes
- Responds to DOL/IRS Inquiries related to Form 5500 filings
- Collaborates with the PPS Team to review plan listings for data follow-up, required notices, PPS notices,
- Utilizes Pension Pro, our internal database, and all its features (i.e. email logging, interactions, notes, workflow projects, email templates, letter templates, reports, etc.) and understands how it relates to the job functions
in preparing, organizing, and participating in sales presentations, seminars, and continuing education meetings
- Attends and participates in all office trainings, staff/administration meetings, etc.
- Develop and execute annually, a strategic
plan for growing the PPS Defined Benefit department
- Familiarize yourself with and follow PPS Core Values
- Timely completion of annual plan administration based on pre-determined goals
- Commitment of time and personal resources as
- Having a positive attitude of “getting the job done” in the most effective and efficient way
- Ability to work in a confidential work environment with sensitive information
- Engage with PPS team members and help
support others when needed regardless of it being outlined within this document or not. Find ways to help others
- Expected commitment of additional work hours during seasonal crunch times
This position is an in-office role. We have COVID
precautions in place to keep our teammates and community safe. We offer an incredibly rich benefits plan that pays 100% of employee medical, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) match, team events, and many other exciting perks that keep us competitive in
the job market and make for an awesome work environment! If you feel that you are the perfect fit for our company, we would love to hear from you!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee
may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
How to Apply
Please send resume and cover letter detailing why you are the perfect fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)