View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Assistant General Counsel, ERISA
in Telecommute / CO / MN / NY
Transamerica is seeking an experienced ERISA counsel familiar with retirement plan service provider matters, including recordkeeping, investment products and asset management.
What You Will Do:
The Assistant General
Counsel – ERISA (Assistant General Counsel 1) will support legal issues and regulatory matters related primarily to defined contribution retirement plans (401(k), 403(b), 457) for the Workplace Division of Transamerica.
This role will require
working closely with the operations, sales, marketing and product development teams for our recordkeeper, trust company, insurance company and registered investment advisor on the application of federal and state law and regulation and SEC, DoL, and IRS
rules as they relate to the retirement business.
Significant experience as ERISA in-house counsel for a retirement plan recordkeeper is preferred.
What Success Looks Like:
- Act as primary resource in evaluating and
advising on the design, implementation, and administration of all ERISA, DOL and IRS regulations and related components of our retirement plan recordkeeping programs, including ERISA fiduciary matters, prohibited transactions, and compliance with ERISA
disclosure requirements such as IRC 408(b)(2) and 404(a)(5).
- Provide ongoing day-to-day advice under ERISA, DOL and IRS rules, as applicable, relating to defined contribution retirement plans and individual retirement accounts.
- Act as
principal SME on ERISA, DOL and IRS rules, regulations, and developing legislation relating to all aspects of the business, and conduct in-house education.
- Advise on the design of existing and new retirement plan products, including investment
vehicles such as collective investment trusts, insurance separate accounts, stable value funds, and IRA and advice products, to ensure compliance with ERISA and other applicable statutes, rules, regulation and governing authorities.
- Advise on
required reporting and disclosures programs, and other notices under ERISA, including plan sponsor and participant required disclosures applicable to retirement recordkeeping and advice programs,
- Assist in the maintenance and develop of defined
contribution volume submitter plan documents.
- Assist in the design and negotiation of recordkeeping and other point of sale documents, trust and custody agreements, and vendor agreements in the retirement space.
- Review advertising
submissions relating to ERISA, DOL and other qualified retirement plan related issues.
- Work on issues where analysis of legal business matters requires an evaluation of various factors and exercises judgment commensurate with
- Take a leading role in supporting business partners with discretion to provide independent guidance and recommendations.
- Participate in departmental and cross-functional working groups.
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Eight years of relevant legal experience
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
- Ability to effectively communicate, both written and oral, with the
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast paced environment
- Ability to exercise agility and adaptability in providing legal advice
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing corporate environment
- Proficient using
- 10+ years of legal experience as an ERISA attorney, in-house or with a nationally recognized law firm.
- Experience in-house with a retirement plan recordkeeper is
**Please note that the compensation information that follows is a good faith estimate for this position only and is provided pursuant to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and Equal Pay Transparency Rules. It is
estimated based on what a successful Colorado applicant might be paid. It assumes that the successful candidate will be in Colorado or perform the position from Colorado. Similar positions located outside of Colorado will not necessarily receive the same
The salary for this position generally ranges between $149,000 and $246,000. This range is an estimate, based on potential employee qualifications, operational needs and other
considerations permitted by law. The range may vary above and below the stated amounts, as permitted by Colorado Equal Pay Transparency Rule 4.1.2.
This position is also typically eligible for an annual
bonus based on the Company Bonus Plan/Individual Performance and is at Company Discretion at a rate of 25%.
What You Receive:
- A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower
people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development
Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work/Life Balance Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee
Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
Our commitment to
inclusion & diversity means that we value differences. We encourage the unique perspectives of individuals and are dedicated to creating a respectful and inclusive work environment.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)