View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Consultant, Technical Financial Services (Retirement Plan Document & Design)
in Columbus OH
Serve as a consultant member of Technical Services help desk for wholesalers and advisors. Consult on plan design, ERISA issues, the Nationwide platform and its bundled offering. Utilize technical knowledge to help
Sales organization close business and service existing plans. Assist New Business organization by helping advisors and plan sponsors understand Nationwide s closing paperwork and retirement plan documentation. Respond to questions that arise during the
process of signing this documentation.
- Consult with wholesalers, advisors, and plan sponsors on complex retirement plan design options for target customers and existing
- Participate by phone/Webex in finalist sales presentations when requested providing deep knowledge of Nationwide platform, bundled offering and its capabilities and policies, and ERISA retirement plan provisions. Persuasively
tell the bundled value proposition to assist in closing the sale.
- Educate plan sponsors and advisors on meaning and purpose of Nationwide closing documents and plan sponsor plan documentation (Adoption Agreement, Basic Plan Document, Summary Plan
Description, etc). Respond to questions regarding sections and variables within the documents to facilitate the signature process. Explain impact of making changes to documents and paperwork from a regulatory, service, and pricing perspective.
Effect changes to these documents when appropriate.
- Respond to inquiries from wholesalers and advisors on ERISA provisions related to qualified retirement plans (IRC Section 401), 403(b), 457, Defined Benefit, and Cash Balance plans.
Understand, explain, and respond to inquiries on Fiduciary responsibilities pertaining to retirement plans.
- Assist advisors and plan sponsors in identifying and accessing necessary existing plan documentation needed by Nationwide on
takeover plans (Plan Document, Summary Plan Description, Plan Amendments and Restatements, Form 5500 and attachments, Annual Valuation Report, Loan Program, etc.)
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Undergraduate studies in Business, Marketing, Economics, Finance or related field preferred.
- Licenses/Certifications: FINRA Series 6 license required (or
must be obtained in the first 120 days of employment).
- Experience: Minimum 6 years in Retirement Plans.
- Skills/Competencies: Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability
to explain complex regulatory concepts in easily understood terms both written and verbal. Ability to use this skill to help close business as part of sales presentations
- Knowledge: Must have understanding of
Nationwide¿s pricing models and advisor compensation structures to respond to questions and build solution sets for advisors and wholesalers.
- Values: Regularly and consistently demonstrates the Nationwide Values and
- Staffing Exceptions to the above minimum job requirements must be approved by the: AVP and HR Consultant
- Overtime Eligibility: Not eligible
- Working Conditions: Regular office environment
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)