View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Leaves Administration Manager
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP
in Philadelphia PA
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP, one of the world’s leading global law firms with more than 4,000 lawyers and staff in 31 offices is seeking a Manager, Leaves Administration. While currently remote, this position will reside in the
Philadelphia office and oversee the Leaves Administration team. This position will provide personal and exceptional client and consultative services to our partners, attorneys, and staff by proactively supporting their needs, addressing open issues,
streamlining processes and collaborating with our Human Resources and firm leadership to ensure service is being delivered in a timely manner with superior quality.
- Manage the
Leaves Administration team and related processes. Ensure all processes are running efficiently and in accordance with all federal, state, and local leave laws.
- This position will supervise and develop members of the leaves team.
best practices including leave processes as related to payroll, HRIS and timekeeping. Provide ongoing leadership and training to Leaves team with respect to all applicable federal, state and local leave laws.
- Serve as a liaison between the
Leaves team, Human Resources, senior leadership, partners and employees in the day to day operations of leave administration, related benefits and programs and employee relations issues; proactively address issues related to leaves of absence
- Act as the subject matter expert for all leave policies for department manager, leave team and Human Resources; use critical thinking and problem solving skills to analyze and resolve complicated or sensitive claims.
as a liaison between Total Rewards and Compliance leadership, monitor and implement changes in existing leave laws or assist in the development of new programs to support new laws and assess their impact on firm.
- Provide leadership in an in-sourced
model while actively collaborating with employees and providers; serve as a direct line to firm leadership and employment counsel.
- Monitor and resolve issues related to carrier feeds, claim issues and claim payments.
- Ensure all
providers are providing a high level of client service and adhering to service level agreements in the respective contracts. Develop a reconciliation process for state and local leave payments and offsets.
- Support management in the development of
key performance indicators, and support metrics established by department to ensure processes are running efficiently and support the goals of the team.
- Review and develop communication tools to enhance understanding of firm’s policies.
Recommend additional communication tools to enhance administration of firm policies.
- Support development of staff by providing performance feedback, and opportunities to expand the team’s expertise. .
- Provide support to Total Rewards
leadership as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five (5) to seven (7) years of related experience;
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university or, equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a supervisory or leadership role. Experience in employee relations a plus.
- To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following
knowledge skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of applicable federal or local leave laws required; experience with CA, NY, NJ and DC leave laws preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
written/verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and the ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Exceptional client service skills including experience supporting firm management.
- Ability to manage
confidential information with discretion.
- Proven ability to meet stringent deadlines, adapt to changing priorities, and balance multiple tasks while operating in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Proven track record of developing
individuals and a team, while supporting the needs of leadership and the firm.
- Problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Project management and planning/organizational skills.
- Ability to analyze complex, technical, professional,
or legal documents, government regulations or financial reports, respond effectively to sensitive inquiries or complaints from clients or regulatory agencies, and effectively present information on complex or controversial topics to senior management or
- Advanced arithmetic skills (compute rate, ratio, percent; able to draw and interpret graphs and charts)
Morgan, Lewis & Bockius LLP is committed to equal employment opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to
applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. We value and encourage diversity and solicit applications from all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, gender, sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, marital
status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair
Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
California Applicants: Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act, the following link contains the Firm's
California Consumer Privacy Act Privacy Notice for Candidates which explains the categories of personal information that we collect and the purposes for which we use such personal information. CCPA Privacy Notice
Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP is also an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are interested in applying for employment with Morgan Lewis and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website
or to apply for a position, please call or email the following contacts:
Determination on requests for
reasonable accommodation are made on a case-by-case basis.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)