View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Specialist, Senior
in Telecommute / Arden Hills MN / Fargo ND / Grand Forks ND
Establish and maintain virtual and in-person business relationships with assigned Advisor-based retirement plan clients in order to achieve or exceed client service and retention standards. Assist the sales
consultants with the new business onboarding process as needed. Provide leadership and training to advisor team as needed.
Job Function Number
1: Client Service - 60%
- Manage assigned client relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.), by working to resolve complex service issues to ensure client
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal team members and external clients and vendors.
- Produce and lead review of annual plan data with clients, advisors and
- Uncover service needs and business development opportunities using active listening and team selling skills.
- Provide in-person meetings with Advisors and Plan Sponsors when appropriate.
- Serve as primary day-to-day
contact point with external advisors, plan sponsors through external advisors and other external entities associated with external advisor based business.
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service
satisfaction and retention standards as determined for the National Markets.
- Utilize advanced industry and investment knowledge including IRS and DOL Regulations, Compliance and Plan Administration, understanding of
financial markets, investment trading platforms and classes, and other knowledge that facilitates client interactions and satisfaction.
- Conduct retention fee analysis, recommend fee changes and negotiate fee changes with Advisors and Plan
- Produce and review annual report with Advisor to ensure plan compliance and meeting the plan goals and objectives.
- Prepare and deliver non fiduciary and fiduciary level review; model and share investment knowledge with team
- Oversee and facilitate the research and resolution of third party payments and questions (advisor, broker, TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Oversee and facilitate fund amendment process timeline, including fund availability issues and
coordinate delivery of supporting documents and enrollment packet materials, if applicable.
- Oversee and facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) and assure proper updating of fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable
- Employ and share knowledge regarding fiduciary responsibilities and best practices to peers, plan sponsors and investment committees.
- Engage and interact with varying audience types including Advisors, plan participants, plan
sponsors, investment committees, and peer groups.
- Utilize gained knowledge to problem solve for multiple relationships including Advisors, Sponsors, Participants, Vendors, Mutual Funds and internal inquiries.
- Act as a subject matter
expert by providing relevant information and guidance to peers, member of the client service team and other National Market staff.
Job Function Number
2: Leadership and Training – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team
involvement resulting in greater knowledge and understanding from peer associates and greater satisfaction, higher retention and/or additional revenue from plan sponsors.
- Employ and share knowledge regarding fiduciary responsibilities and best
practices to external advisors, plan sponsors and investment committees.
- Offer suggestions and ideas to management and actively engage in or manage their development as assigned by management.
- Act as a resource to team members as
opportunities arise to provide assistance for the benefit of the other team members, clients and ARB.
- Assist in identifying personal and team training needs and development of training programs and materials, as appropriate.
and support members of the advisor team as needed.
Job Function Number 3: Teamwork and Productivity – 20%
- Provide backup to supervisor, sales consultants, and team members
for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer.
- Maintain positive relationships with internal team members and external clients and vendors while providing a high level of quality service.
- Manage service team communication
and workflow; maintain excellent and timely communication among all involved parties.
- Resolve workflow issues on team and address issues that cross department lines, using judgment with respect to manager/management involvement and consideration of
high level business impact and application.
- Provide solutions to plan needs by working with administration and underwriting on outstanding issues and/or new features available due to recent legislation or product enhancements.
- Knowledge of
and ability to assist as needed in the onboarding process.
- Minimum 5 years of customer service experience preferably in defined contribution
industry or financial services company in recordkeeping or administration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with advisors/brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
- Ability to lead
and organize conference calls and host virtual meetings
- Strong written/oral communication and organization skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover peak workloads and other business
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to accuracy and detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related systems.
- Oversee and facilitate the research and
resolution of various customer service issues.
- Strong working knowledge of all areas within Alerus Retirement Business
- Moderate knowledge of all other areas within Alerus
- Embrace and model change amongst peers as a proven leader.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Established communication and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
ability to identify and problem solve complex situations.
- Disciplined, strong attention to detail, and well organized.
- Considerate, approachable and professional when collaborating with internal and external
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Sitting extended periods of time at a desk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to key, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities
required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- Must be able to access the community copier/scanner/printer.
- Periodically, large
paper files need to be moved.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)