View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Services Trust Advisor
in Baton Rouge LA / Gulfport MS / New Orleans LA
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
The Retirement Plan Services Trust Advisor manages and develops complex wealth management client relationships during the administration of Trust accounts including agency, custody, escrow, corporate trusts
and paying agency, defined benefit/defined contribution retirement plans and other types of accounts.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manages and develops new business for large and complex Trust
- Administers, invests and/or solicits business of large and complex relationships in compliance with bank policies, account documents, laws and regulations.
- Represents the company in business activities and serves as a contact
for clients, attorneys, CPAs and beneficiaries relating to assigned accounts. May represent the company on boards or committees related to businesses or institutions for which the trust department provides a service.
- Analyzes, studies, and gains
full understanding of governing documents. Manages accounts in accordance with the terms of the governing documents and in a manner consistent with the needs of owners and beneficiaries.
- Reviews financing documents to assure that the bank is
comfortable with all terms and conditions that may require the hiring of trustee counsel to represent the bank in the transaction and the negotiation of terms of the documents.
- Responsible for assuring that the obligor is complying with all
covenants that the trustee is responsible for monitoring through various reports or certificates that the obligor must file with the trustee. These may include insurance certificates, audits, budgets, rebate reports, no-default certificates or other
documentation unique to each program.
- Coordinates management of accounts with investment officers, trust tax officers, trust real estate officers, Trust Operations, and others as required
- Assures the accounts are in compliance with all
applicable policies, procedures and/or federal/state laws and regulations. Keeps current with all developments, applicable laws and regulations within individual field and provides advice to other Trust RMs and/or business partners.
- Contacts or
corresponds with attorneys, agencies, co- trustees/co-executors, and other parties who have an interest in any aspect of an account
- Resolves problems brought by owners, beneficiaries and others.
- Makes court appearances at audits or other
proceedings, and deals with attorneys, agents and others for the acquisition, disposition or preservation of trust assets and related business
- Advises management and members of the trust administrative committee on questions regarding the
acceptability of trust assets and the proper use of income or corpus for accounts being managed
- Proactively analyzes existing relationships and networks with local professionals and centers of influence for new business opportunities. Advises or
consults with other officers on details of proposed business plans.
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy
- Responsible for achieving sales goals set by management.
- Establishes a calling program for clients, prospects and centers of influence that will facilitate new business development from existing clients and new prospects, and documents
all on sales/relationship management reporting tools.
- May attend professional conferences or trade shows held by the client/prospect base in order to promote the company brand and trust expertise. As well as various public meetings held by clients
or groups that provide services to clients in order to both be aware of current client needs as well as looking for new business opportunities.
- Produces proposals for new business pricing or terms in conjunction with Sales Manager and LOB
- Mentors more junior RMs on all aspects of managing and developing Trust relationships.
Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's
policies, procedures and applicable laws; Provides guidance and oversight to and is responsible for the coordination and evaluation of the assigned team. Responsibilities may include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning and
directing work; performance management; associate compensation; approving expense reports; addressing concerns and resolving problems.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelor’s degree,
preferably with a concentration in business or related field.
- 5 years of relationship management experience in banking or financial services required.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)