View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Sales Consultant
in Scottsdale AZ / Mesa AZ
This position is responsible for generating new business opportunities and managing a customer portfolio defined in the performance plan. This involves being the primary contact for new or existing customers,
presenting formal product proposals, and maintaining ongoing prospects for new business development. The focus of the position is to build customer relationships and gain loyalty by listening, understanding, and responding to customers’
Job Function 1: New Business Development – 70%
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge of the retirement industry.
solicit new business opportunities with existing customers.
- Create and maintain networking relationships to create a pipeline of business.
- Maintain client information in the company database.
- Understand the benefits of Alerus
Retirement and Benefits’ products and effectively differentiate Alerus Retirement and Benefits from the competition.
- Maintain and meet new business contribution goals as outlined in the performance plan.
- Support the sales efforts of
the entire Alerus sales team.
- Develop and consistently demonstrate professional sales skills to maximize business opportunities.
Job Function 2: Client Retention – 20%
- Retain and expand
existing customer relationships using the relationship and product models in place.
- Maintain periodic communication with clients to ensure service standards are being met.
- Assist in coordination of implementing new products to existing
- Maintain quality service standards and take care of the customers’ ongoing business needs.
- Acknowledge and prioritize multiple customer demands to provide maximum service to all customers.
3: Personal Growth and Development – 5%
- Represent Alerus Retirement and Benefits in community organizations and activities.
- Assume responsibility for career growth and development. Actively pursue continuing
education, reading, and self-development to enhance skills.
- Be flexible and adaptive when faced with changing needs of the customer.
Recognize stressful nature of work and maintain professional composure, attitude, and behavior at all
- Build solid working relationships with team members, acting as a resource for others whenever possible.
Job Function 4: Alerus/Department Support and Teamwork - 5%
participate in company and department meetings.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and celebrate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of two years’
experience in a sales role.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently
and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making, discretion, etc.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability
to work with detailed technical knowledge of retirement industry.
Physical Demands - Must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation:
- Requires ability to sit for long periods of time using a key board,
mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Required ability to travel as needed to other markets and locations. Ability to travel within the continental United States is required.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8
hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Requires ability to
use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)