View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Plan Trust Accountant
in Telecommute / Atlanta GA
Join Aprio's Wealth team and you will help clients maximize their opportunities. Aprio is a progressive, fast-growing firm looking for a Retirement Plan Trust Accountant to join
their dynamic TPA team.
Work with a top 50 CPA-led advisory firm that is passionate for what’s next. With more than 600 team members in 24 states, Aprio is headquartered in Atlanta, GA with offices in North Carolina and Birmingham,
Alabama. Come serve national and international clients doing business in and out of 40 countries with team members that speak more than 30 languages. At Aprio, you’ll discover a culture grounded in 30 fundamental behaviors that guide our
interactions with each other and our clients every day. We are proud to have been honored as a “Best Place to Work” since 2016 and have the highest ranking on Glassdoor among the top 50 public accounting firms.
- Reconciliation of trust account assets for multiple qualified retirement plans
- Preparation of balance sheet and income statements outlining plan activity for multiple qualified plans and valuation
- Identification of transactions by activity such as contributions, loan payments, distributions, etc.
- Gathering of plan investment statements and downloading information from various providers
- Development of new processes and
procedures to improve gathering of year end information
- Scanning and maintaining all Trust Statements in our paperless document management system
- Assist Plan Administrators with reconciliation and valuation of the Trust in a timely
- Identify plan deposits and verify timeliness of the deposits per Department of Labor guidelines
- Review of client census data for accuracy and importing that data into our Compliance Software
- Communication with clients and
financial advisors to obtain all year end information, including Trust Statements and Employee Census information
- Assist with special projects and administrative tasks for Plan Administrators or Department Leaders
- Initial processing of
distribution and loan requests then send to Plan Administrators to review
- Maintaining 1099-R records and batch releasing to fulfillment vendor
- 2 + years of experience working in
the accounting field
- Accounting degree or mathematics degree preferred
- Excellent trust accounting skills for retirement plans utilizing various recordkeepers, plans using multiple investment accounts and a combination of all types of plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Unrelenting attention to detail
- Ability to change as the industry changes and to adjust with the constant evolution of technology
- Be a growth minded professional with
the ability to accept new challenges
- Ability to work under pressure to meet regulatory and processing deadlines
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
Why work for Aprio:
you are just starting out, looking to advance into management or searching for your next leadership role, Aprio offers an opportunity to grow with a future-focused, innovative firm.
Perks/Benefits we offer:
Dental, and Vision Insurance on the first day of employment
- Flexible Spending Account
- 401k with Profit Sharing
- Discretionary Time Off structure
- Parental Leave – coverage for both spouses
- Tuition Assistance Program and CPA support program with cash incentive upon completion
- “Dress your Day” – jeans casual to business professional depending on your day
- Discretionary incentive
compensation based on firm, group and individual performance
- Incentive compensation related to origination of new client sales
What’s in it for you:
- Working with an industry leader: Be
part of a high-growth firm that is passionate for what’s next.
- An awesome culture: Thirty fundamental behaviors guide our culture every day ensuring we always deliver an exceptional team-member and client
experience. We call it the Aprio Way. This shared mindset creates lasting relationships between team members and with clients.
- A great team: Work with a high-energy, passionate, caring and ambitious team of
professionals in a collaborative culture.
- Entrepreneurship: Have the freedom to innovate and bring your ideas to help us grow to become the CPA firm of choice nationally.
- Growth opportunities: Grow
professionally in an environment that fosters continuous learning and advancement.
- Competitive compensation: You will be rewarded with competitive compensation, industry-leading benefits and a flexible work environment to enjoy
Aprio is based in Atlanta but this position is remote from anywhere in the US
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)