View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Counsel, Insurance
in Telecommute / Baltimore MD / Harrison NY / Denver CO
Job Description Summary
The Senior Counsel will provide support for legal issues and regulatory matters related to group and individual supplemental health and life insurance products, including issuance of policies to Employer
Groups, for the Workplace Division.
This role will require working closely with the operations, compliance, underwriting, sales, marketing and product development teams on the application of federal and state laws and regulations and ERISA, ACA, and
HIPAA rules as they relate to the issuance and regulation of supplemental health and life insurance plans.
Experience as in-house counsel with subject matter expertise in voluntary insurance plans, Third Party Administrator relationships, drafting
and reviewing distribution agreements, reviewing legislative changes, and responding to state inquiries is preferred.
What Success Looks Like:
- Negotiate, draft and/or review marketing, distribution, administration,
TPA, and/or vendor agreements.
- Provide advice regarding escalated claims and consumer complaints.
- Review Policy forms for new and revised Product initiatives.
- Respond to Departments of Insurance with Filing matters.
and advise on changes in laws and regulations, particularly those related to insurance regulations, including advising on company impact and strategy.
- Research and review State Insurance laws and regulations.
- Review and approve
marketing and advertising materials.
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners and be able to lead meetings on important business issues.
- Work under the supervision of a senior attorney on legal assignments that could
have a substantial impact on the conduct of the company’s business.
- Provide legal advice on State and Government inquiries that may include Market Conduct issues.
- Work with outside counsel on assigned legal
- Experience with Voluntary Products including supplemental health, life and disability insurance, and experience with the ACA, HIPAA & ERISA is preferred.
- Review laws and regulations as they relate to employer groups,
associations, labor unions, and other non-employer groups to ensure they comply with the state law prior to issuing policies.
- Review communications with insureds for legal issues.
- Collaborate with the Transamerica Litigation team as
What You Need:
- JD from an ABA accredited law school
- Five years or more of legal experience
- Licensed or eligible to practice in the applicable state
- Ability to effectively
communicate, both written and oral, with the intended audience
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to exercise agility and adaptability in providing legal advice
- Comfortable in a rapidly changing
corporate environment, which may include working remotely
- Proficient using MS office
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)