View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Principal Legal Content Specialist
Bloomberg Industry Group
in Arlington VA
The Principal Legal Content Specialist is responsible for writing and editing content for Bloomberg Law's publications on the tax, ERISA, and other issues concerning employee benefits and
executive compensation. Other duties include tracking and analyzing legislative, regulatory, and litigation matters. The Principal Legal Content Specialist is also responsible for recommending, designing, and running projects to provide legal analysis for
assigned content collections, including identifying trends, emerging issues and complex problems to inform and augment reference or analytical content on Bloomberg Law. An individual in this position must be able to synthesize tax, ERISA and other
extremely complex areas of law and develop tools and content in those areas to serve practicing attorneys. The individual in this position also serves as a subject matter mentor to more junior colleagues.
- Works with Practice Leads or Team Leads to form and lead highly efficient project-based teams to develop content and tools to support the needs of Bloomberg Law clients.
- Analyzes complex legal developments and
creates or updates materials; develops or aids in the development of tools, reference materials, analytical articles or other content.
- Edits content submitted by outside authors and serves as a developmental editor for the expansion and utility of
that content to serve Bloomberg Law users.
- Imbues content with high level and detailed analysis, including thought leadership materials.
- Serves as a subject matter expert to management with respect to the development of new content, tools
- Serves as a subject matter mentor to more junior level colleagues.
- Conducts internal trainings on areas of expertise.
- Communicates how Bloomberg Law content serves the needs of customers with regard to assigned subject
area to customer-facing teams including sales force and marketing department personnel.
- Participates as a speaker or moderator at industry events or on webinars or podcasts on areas of expertise.
- Demonstrates advanced and specialized knowledge of current federal, state, or international law on assigned subject area(s).
- Demonstrates advanced abilities in legal research, analysis, and writing in federal and
state regulatory, legislative, and judicial processes in connection with one or more substantive areas of law.
- Demonstrates ability to quickly synthesize extremely complex areas of law and develop tools and content in those
- Demonstrates ability to interact effectively with colleagues, practitioner authors, sources, and others.
- Demonstrates excellent writing, editing, and researching skills.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree required; certification or LLM in substantive specialty preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience practicing law in the area of benefits or some combination of legal writing and/or legal
- Background in employee benefits tax, ERISA, or the Affordable Care Act preferred.
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)