View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Sr Retirement Plan Specialist (Defined Benefit experience)
in Telecommute / AZ
Section 1: Position Summary
Serve as a resource to plan sponsors and financial advisors for matters
related to defined benefit and defined contribution ERISA compliance, plan design and governmental reporting. Use experience and knowledge to serve as a resource to internal associates. This position serves as the retirement plan expert on DC and DB plans
on testing, 5500, loans and distributions and understands plan design and can assist on plan operation and document updates. A Senior Defined Benefit Plan Consultant is able to handle client meetings both in person and via phone.
Job Functions, Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as technical resource for Consultants and Analysts.
- Provide superior customer service, including problem solving with minimal inconvenience to clients.
caseload of 120 plus plans while still maintaining excellent client service and organizational skills.
- Provide effective and timely verbal and written communications in a clear, concise and informative written manner.
- Assist the client with
all initial and ongoing plan design and document support and be proactive to potential client changes.
- Assist the client in meeting all IRS and Department of Labor deadlines necessary for qualified retirement plan.
- Maintain up-to date
knowledge of present legislation and proposed legislative changes with regard to ERISA law through self study and company-sponsored training sessions.
- Responsible for most all aspects of actuarial valuation reports, participant statements, Annual
Funding Notice, and AFTAP preparation.
- Review or perform, as needed, the annual testing for plans, including ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, 410(b), 415, 401(a)(4), 401(a)(26), deductibility, and 402(g).
- Prepare benefit calculations and review
- Review loan paperwork and coordinate processing of loans with asset holder.
- Review or prepare Form 5500, draft Schedule SB for actuary, and coordinate with plan sponsor to help ensure timely filing.
- Review or
prepare annual PBGC premium filings.
- Assist in preparation of PBGC termination filings.
- Assist auditors if a plan is subject to an annual audit.
- Under the direction of leadership, assist IRS, DOL and PBGC auditors, if the plan is
subject to an IRS, DOL or PBGC audit.
- Coordinate with all applicable parties, both internal and external, to ensure accurate takeover process for new clients including set up to match prior valuation.
- As applicable, work with Actuarial
Analysts, Enrolled Actuaries, or independently to coordinate and oversee activities that will ensure timely and accurate completion of a large book of business.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held
by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Our I-Client service philosophy and our Core Values of People Matter,
Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Work independently as well as being able
to help train newer staff members.
- Work with Team Leaders to head projects and/or provide training for Consultants and Analysts.
- Work with the most complex plan
Section 3: Experience, Skills, Knowledge Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required. Math related degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of ERISA defined benefit and defined contribution
experience in the retirement industry
- Experience in analysis of financial data required
- Cash Balance Plan experience highly preferred.
- QPA, QKA, CPC and / or actuarial exam progress preferred
- Experience with Datair software
desirable, but not required
- Experience in Relius software desirable, but not required
- Strong Word, Excel, and Outlook skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet in connection with business operations, including related ERISA compliance matters
- Ability to effectively plan and assign work and supervise support
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on
people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 10 million Americans save for
retirement and college.
Ascensus provides equal employment opportunities to all associates and applicants for employment without regard to ancestry, race, color, religion, sex, (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and/or related medical
conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), marital status, military or veteran status, genetic information, sexual
orientation, criminal conviction record or any other protected category in accordance with applicable federal, state, or local laws (“Protected Status”).
How to Apply
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)