View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
in Cincinnati OH
Reports to: Director of Compliance
FLSA Status: Exempt
Full or Part
Time: Full Time
The compliance team is responsible for providing accurate and timely information on changes in federal and state legislation impacting employee benefit plans in easily
understood and actionable format to HORAN and its clients. The compliance team is responsible for bringing peace of mind by helping individuals and organizations understand their compliance obligations so they can respond with appropriate compliance
strategies. The Compliance Consultant will execute compliance team strategies under the direction of the Director of Compliance and Practice Leader – Group Benefits.
Essential Job Functions:
- Support Director of Compliance in the development of the compliance team strategic direction and oversee execution of materials consistent with team objectives
- Develop and deliver compliance information and training consistent
with workplan across internal and external communication platforms
- Conduct in-depth reviews and outlines of recently issued guidance as necessary with outline of impact to employers and our business.
- Create compliance toolkits in support of
account teams as necessary including (Brain Shark presentations, Webinars, and other materials)
- Client Interaction
- Conduct compliance reviews for clients around policies and procedures applicable to health and welfare plan
- Lead roundtable conversations on employer compliance obligations
- Partner with Director of Compliance on annual compliance seminar
- Responsible for communicating legislative changes to
clients through regular blog posts
- Organizational Training
- Develop and conduct internal compliance training held bi-weekly.
- Own evaluation and update of internal compliance resources posted in SharePoint Compliance
- Respond to internal compliance questions
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- A background working with COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125, ERISA, FMLA, etc.
- Experience working with
- Must have a strong technical consulting background in health and welfare benefits or legal/regulatory background.
- Possess ability to simplify complex regulatory terms for clients.
- Strong interpersonal and
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with different departments within company.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office products, especially Word,
Excel and PowerPoint.
Education and Experience:
- 4-year degree from an accredited University.
- Minimum of 2 years (preferably more) of experience with Insured, Self-Funded Benefit Plan Administration.
- Health and Life License preferred.
- Must be able to spend prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at
- Must be able to use all five senses. Must be able to effectively communicate with customers.
- Must be able to move through the building to assist customers and will occasionally be required to assist with transporting marketing
materials, benefits booklets, and other business supplies.
- Must be able to sit, stand, and move about from office to office.
- Must be able to understand and communicate instructions verbally.
- Must be able to prioritize, manage, and
deal with multiple tasks.
How to Apply
Please send resumes to: Jamie Moon HR Generalist/Recruiter at: JamieS@horanassoc.com
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)