View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Contribution Analyst
in Arden Hills MN
This position is responsible for understanding all aspects of the contribution area; including
training of complex employee benefit plan contributions and loan payments, according to documents and internal procedures, under minimal supervision. This person will have strong system and processing knowledge; enabling them to work proactively with
Alerus staff within Retirement to provide exceptional customer service to Alerus clients and fellow Alerus staff members. This role requires a self-motivated individual who demonstrates a strong attention to detail and the ability to work accurately
in a fast paced environment. The person in this position will be involved in testing and implementing process improvements, data mining, project work and will work closely with the supervisor and manager.
Job Function Number 1: Contribution Research, Set Up and Projects - 90%
- Manage complex account sets with limited supervision. May include specialized client
research and multi-layered problem solving.
- Complete contribution set-up for new and existing business, including file structure set up, source changes, and client support.
- Complete advanced, detailed exception resolution including
high-level contribution and loan payments, complex rollover research, and advanced contribution plan changes and set up.
- Perform ACH functions including manual request entry and verification accurately within department standards.
rollover research and follow up, ensuring accuracy and exceptional client service.
- Reconcile contributions and complete follow up for outside custodians.
- Research and handle high-level or sensitive issues and questions from internal and
external clients. Assists management with problem resolution.
- Identify opportunities for efficiency and process improvements, working with management to obtain guidance to create and implement new processes.
- Create and implement new
processes due to regulation changes or management decision, including developing procedures and performing initial training.
- Complete special projects, and assist with system updates and enhancements including testing and
- Work with IT resources and other business partners as needed to enhance current processes and systems
Job Function Number 2: Professional Development & Training - 10%
and support the One Alerus vision by effectively collaborating and communicating across functions and departments.
- Understand all aspects of Retirement Operations.
- Create and maintain strong internal and external
- Attend, participate and assist with developing department training programs and meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain a thorough understanding of OmniPlus and the part it plays in the overall Alerus Retirement and Benefits
- Identify and communicate to management training needs and gaps within the department and with pension plan regulation and administration, and assist management in finding resources and/or developing additional training to resolve the
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Three year experience in financial operations required,
retirement operations preferred.
- Knowledge of retirement and recordkeeping systems and recordkeeping operational functions preferred.
- Ability to understand and thrive in an exception based work environment, including recognizing,
researching complex processing exceptions.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple assignments or projects with shifting priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt appropriately to target audience.
- Excellent problem-solving skills demonstrating attention to detail, understanding of risk factors, and the
ability to work within budget, technology, and regulatory constraints.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, advanced Excel preferred.
- Available to work flexible hours to cover peak workloads and to meet daily workload
- Strong desire to succeed as demonstrated through work ethic, collaboration, and team-building
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an ever-changing, fast-paced
- Ability to motivate and create a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Reliable performance without supervision.
- Exceptional organizational skills
- “Outside the box” thinker
- Ability to be
a point person for the team.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate
a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance,
and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)