View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Relationship Manager (Retirement)
Newport Retirement Services
in Charlotte NC / Los Angeles CA / Dallas TX / Chicago IL / New York NY / Washington DC / Lake Mary FL
Who We Are
Newport helps companies offer their associates a more secure financial
future through retirement plans, insurance and consulting services. Newport offers comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them. As a provider and partner, Newport is independent, experienced and
Summary of Position:
To provide consultative support to clients on design, administration and funding of qualified retirement plans. Manage client relationships and build on service reputation and
relationships to position Newport Group as the clients’ provider of choice for additional products and services. Seen as the subject matter expert on all types of retirement plans. Partners with Sales on contract support, documentation gathering, the
entire RFP process, and is an active member of the business representative team in contract finalization.
- Manage multiple large and complex accounts, some of which are across multiple business
- Create, modify, and execute annual business plan to maximize client satisfaction.
- Develop, maintain relationships, and provide a consultative approach with plan sponsors, advisors, and Human Resources and Finance contacts of assigned
new and existing client organizations to become their provider for information and resources related to their retirement plans. Ensure the provision of retirement services expected, identify and resolve areas of confusion or problems, and to ensure
compliance with contractual requirements and existing regulations.
- Verify accuracy and completeness of initial documentation and materials provided to clients and resolve related issues. Verify receipt of signed Service Agreement. Ensure that
fees structure is accurate and that billing systems are properly initiated.
- Document and update all key client activity and associated deliverables in workflow management system.
- Monitor billing process and receipt of payment. Ensure
the accuracy of invoices and the proper crediting of payments. Investigate and resolve significant billing related issues.
- Develop presentation materials and lead the annual plan review meetings. Contribute to the development, updating and
enhancement of materials associated with presentation, enrollment, new client communications and administration of new or changed plans.
- Partner with sales to formulate strategy to win new business opportunities. Actively participate in all stages
of the finalist process.
- Participate in department initiatives to increase efficiencies, decrease cost and document changes in processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in business
related filed or combination of education and industry experience
- 10+ years of total experience in Retirement Services, with emphasis in the daily 401(k) environment.
- 5-7 Years of direct experience in client relationship at the senior level
working strategically with clients
- Be familiar with Newport’s business and client service model with the ability to execute successfully.
- Strong analytical skills, detail orientation and demonstrated relationship building
- Must have the ability to build internal relationships and communicate effectively with other senior managers.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong MS Office Skills with an emphasis in
- ASPPA or CEBS designations a plus
- Travel up to 20% of the time or as needed.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: Preferred ASPPA or CEBS
Newport group offers for employment are
conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or credit check).
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by
applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)