View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Account Administrator
in Arden Hills MN / Albert Lea MN / Troy MI / East Lansing MI / Bedford NH
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong
communication and displaying good judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan
assignment may include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP).
Job Function Number 1: Client Service – 40%
- Proactively manage
assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB retention standards.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical, service and compliance
issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve service issues as well as meet long-term client
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
Job Function Number
2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting - 40%
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary
skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process, updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Ensure that appropriate compliance tests are accurate
and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client requests.
- Independently administer more complex
defined contributions plans.
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives
with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the products and services offered by ARB, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Treat all clients and co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication,
Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal relationships.
- Actively support the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent communications with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and
celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- Provide training and support to analysts and less experienced account administrators.
- Minimum of 1 year
experience in defined contribution retirement plan compliance or testing required. 3 or more years’ of experience, preferred.
- Good written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Ability to maintain
professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Ability to work independently and set priorities.
- Ability to interpret documents and resolve technical problems.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak
workloads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Possess or have an established plan to complete ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals Certification (RPF).
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities
required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
- Ability to travel as needed to
other markets and locations.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)