View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Retirement Contributions Specialist
in Arden Hills MN
This position is responsible for all activity surrounding the
accurate and timely posting and balancing of cash in the contribution team. Included in this role is posting and balancing all funding received between and within the recordkeeping and trust systems. This position is also responsible for following up on
outstanding cash or reconciling items, ACH set up, requesting ACH funding and verification. This person will work proactively with Alerus staff within Retirement to provide exceptional customer service to Alerus clients and fellow Alerus staff
members. Full knowledge of the role is additionally demonstrated through participation in operational projects as needed, identifying process improvements, identifying opportunities to deliver customer delight, updating procedures, and training new
Job Function Number 1: Money-in posting, balancing, reconciling and follow up - 85%
- Research and post all incoming funds for the
contribution area. This includes accurate plan research and depositing all incoming checks. Upon wire and ACH Credit notification, timely posting to our recordkeeping system.
- Responsible for timely submission and verification of ACH debit and
credit requests in Business Online.
- Set up and verify plan level ACH accounts in OmniPlus.
- Balance OmniPlus to money posted, ensuring accurate entry across all funding types. Ensures processing team has accurate notification for funds
received for pending detail.
- Performs daily review of all outstanding cash and contribution detail, follows up with clients on discrepancies or when corresponding funding or detail has not been received. Meets department standards for follow up
timing and documentation and maintains timely, accurate resolution of all outstanding items, escalating as needed.
- Answers incoming questions regarding contributions from Plan Sponsors and internal staff, including those received through the group
- Process level appropriate corrections and transactions timely and accurately.
- Track trends or issues with funding or specific clients. Help identify and resolve current service deficiencies. Inform management of issues as
- Maintain knowledge of assigned back up tasks, including process changes.
Job Function Number 2: Generalist - 10%
- Work with administrators to resolve client issues,
including missing funding or detail. Offer solutions to satisfy the needs of clients. Implements process and/or procedure changes when needed.
- Assist teammates with workload as needed to ensure department standards are consistently met and
- Provide professional, accurate and clear communication, both to internal staff and external clients.
- Handle exchange of information confidently and independently.
- Assist with special projects, system updates and
enhancements including testing and implementation.
- Create and update procedures when new processes are implemented or when changes occur.
- Identify and report possible process improvements or tasks in need of streamlining, and assist in
efforts to improve these processes
Job Function Number 3: Professional Development & Training - 5%
- Develop and support the One Alerus vision by effectively collaborating and communicating across
functions and departments.
- Attend and participate in department training programs and meetings.
- Cultivate and maintain a thorough understanding of OmniPlus and the part it plays in the overall Alerus Retirement and Benefits
- Create and maintain strong internal and external partnerships.
- Embrace new processes as assigned, including procedure creation and team training.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Three years of experience in financial operations required, retirement operations
- Ability to understand and thrive in an exception based work environment, including recognizing, researching complex processing exceptions.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize and manage multiple daily tasks with shifting
priorities to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work with numbers using intermediate math skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills demonstrating attention to detail through the accurate and timely performance of complex
- Effective written and oral communication skills with a demonstrated ability to adapt appropriately to target audience.
- Proficient PC skills including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work flexible hours to cover
peak workloads and to meet daily workload schedules.
- Demonstrated ability to identify process improvements
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced, changing
- Ability to work independently using checklists and procedures with minimal work direction.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Reliable follow through without
- Strong desire to succeed as demonstrated through work ethic, collaboration, and team-building.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be a point person for the
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately
8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision
abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)