View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Call Center Specialist
in Arden Hills MN
This position is responsible for taking a wide range of incoming calls from both retirement plan
participants and plan sponsors. Call Center Specialists troubleshoot and address issues, provide support, and offer information as needed to correctly and efficiently respond to caller inquiries.
Job Function Number
1: Client Service – 70%
- Answer telephone and email inquiries from retirement participants promptly and courteously. Show respect and patience to all participants. Respond to telephone requests
within 2-3 hours. Calls will cover a wide range of topics, including plan specific provisions, IRS and DOL regulations surrounding retirement plans, contributions, distributions, vesting, fund transfers, reallocations, investment election changes, and
- Provide professional, accurate and clear communication.
- Understand and clearly communicate inquiry and transactional use of the Alerus website and voice response system.
- Understand and communicate basic provisions of plan
documents, adoption agreements and loan policies to clients and participants.
- Handle exchange of information, technical questions, and client concerns confidently and independently.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify manager if
standards will not be met.
Job Function Number 2: ARB Processing Functions – 10%
- Fund to Fund transfers including investment elections.
- Accurately and timely
entering in current business enrollment forms.
- Beneficiary entry.
- Deferral rate entry.
- Stop pay/reissue requests.
- Returned checks/1099R’s.
- Monitor and answer Call Center and email questions and
respond to both within 2-3 hours.
- Monitor calls for potential IRA referrals.
Job Function Number 3: Resource & Financial Management -
- Meet the company’s annual client retention rate goal.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective manner.
- Use company resources appropriately
to maintain expenses within budget.
- Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity, reduce system usage and staff overtime.
Job Function Number 4: Technical and Professional
Development – 5%
- Attend and participate in department training programs and meetings.
- Complete training in a timely manner.
- Develop proficiency on systems including OmniPlus, Admin Access, Microsoft Word and Excel in
order to accurately and efficiently complete daily activity.
- Identify personal training needs.
- Assist in developing and maintaining procedures.
- Increase personal knowledge and expertise in plan regulation and administration. Pursue
a program of continuing education through course work, meetings and reading to maintain and enhance professional skills.
Job Function Number 5: Department Support and Teamwork -
- Complete projects at direction of manager.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism and respect.
- Recognize and
celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with 3 years business experience in employee benefits, customer
service, or accounting/bookkeeping.
- 1+ years of experience directly related to retirement plans preferred.
- Excellent written/oral communication and organization skills required.
- Ability to prioritize, be self-motivated, and
independently manage multiple concurrent tasks and meet deadlines.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak workloads and meet other business needs.
- Proven ability to adapt to a fast
paced, changing environment.
- A high level of commitment to accuracy and detail; strong analytical skills.
- Superior Listening
- Knowledge retention
- Critical thinking/problem solving
- Attention to detail
- Friendly, patient and calm under pressure
Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer for approximately 8 hours per
- Extended time is spent reviewing documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, and to
stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 10 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity
Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)