View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Client Relationship Manager
Loren D. Stark Company
in Houston TX / Telecommute
Why Work Here?
“We value experience, the
desire to gain knowledge and the motivation to do your best.”
We are seeking a self-motivated, client centric individual who can work independently. The Client Relationship Manager (CRM) is a direct
report to the Loren D. Stark Company (LDSCO). The CRM functions as a member of the market leadership team and manages between the Client Associates and Service Support Staff along with the Operations department.
Our ideal candidate would
be an experienced Client Relationship Manager with 5-10 years of 401(K) administration experience and reside in the Houston, TX or surrounding area with ASPPA Qualified 401(K) Administrator (QKA) designation.
LDSCO has well-defined
strategies to meet our goals. However, success cannot be sustainable unless we commit to and work according to our values. First among these is Honesty in all aspects of our conduct. This includes acting with integrity in how we run our business, both with
respect to our external dealings with customers, clients and competitors and in our internal dealings with our staff.
- Develop and manger effective primary relationships with plan sponsors and channel
relationships through frequent client contact, including but not limited to, on-site visits, proactive phone calls, professional negotiation, responsive communication, and problem resolution. Work with sponsors and channel relationships to understand
their concerns and needs and, as needed act as liaison between home office departments and the customer to initiate plan improvements and resolve issues. Inform the customer in a timely manner of industry and regulatory changes and explain the impact
on the client. Provide plan design consulting services,
- Drive client retention by delivering annual plan review to decision-makers and initiating proactive client contact and meetings,
- Coordinate the installation of assigned new
groups with the plan sponsor and channel relationships. This may include assisting in the data collection process, managing the new business submission process, delivering documents and agreements, communicating with the plan sponsor and channel
relationship, and other activities related to a new plan,
- Deliver all aspects of the enrollment, re-enrollment, and education process. Includes pro-actively scheduling, determining content, preparing for, and delivering
- Participate in sales presentations as a relationship manager when requested by sales manager. Promote new products and services to plan sponsors.
- Maintain client and advisor relationships with a high client retention
- Maintain client relationship manager goals and objectives program,
- Manage and prioritize workload towards weekly goals in a results oriented team environment,
- Consult with clients regarding plan operation and
- Identify and assist in resolving issues related to plan administration,
- Management of client contact by phone or in person,
- Responding and solving client relationship problems with operations,
- Relationship building
and sales and marketing with Financial Advisors (FA), Brokers, Certified Public Accountants (CPAs),
- Responsible for conducting continued education (CE) and maintaining continued education program,
- Help employers understand how to facilitate
- Help employees understand the benefits of the plan,
- Identify and develop employer and employee success stories for use in the program promotion,
- Lead and assist in project work as applicable,
- Responsible for
conducting “Welcome Calls” for new plans,
- Perform work in accordance within LDSCO’s policies and procedures,
- Stay abreast of changes to applicable laws and rules,
- Responsible for protecting, securing and
properly handling all confidential data held by LDSCO to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and /or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to LDSCO or our clients,
- Additional duties as
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration,
- Minimum 5+ years professional experience required – experience in sales, marketing or client
- Expert knowledge of regulatory and supervisory requirements and corporate policies and procedures,
- Strong customer service and communications skills
- Prior trend analysis experience,
- Third Party Administrator (TPA)
product knowledge (i.e. 3(16) Admin, 401(K) Cash Balance Plan, 401(K) Deferral Payroll Submission, ADP Tested Plan, Combo DC& DB with or without insurance, Employee Ownership, New Comparability, Owner Only 401(K) & Defined Benefit Plan, Owner Only
401(K) Plan, Safe Harbor Match and Upside Down 401(K) Plan),
- Strong management skills, including the ability to effectively plan, monitor, influence, negotiate, supervise and delegate,
- Extensive client management experience with a proven
history of retention and client satisfaction,
- Advanced knowledge of the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 (ERISA) and related regulations,
- Must have the ability to read and comprehend plan documents,
- Strong attention
to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet deadlines in connection with business operations,
- The ability to clearly and concisely articulate retirement terminology to clients,
- Team oriented attitude a willingness to help
- Strong knowledge of English grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation,
- Excellent computer proficiency and a strong command of the Microsoft suite of products,
- Advanced customer service skills including
appropriate business etiquette in all dealings,
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, interpersonal and presentation skills,
- Excellent communication, listening and interpersonal skills, including the ability to quickly
- An organized approach to numerous interactions and action items,
- Ability to presenting to a range of audiences,
- Able to work comfortably in a fast paced environment,
- Self-motivated and ambitious, with capacity
to reach and exceed goals,
- Ability to work independently and in a team structure,
- General business acumen,
- Willingness to take on new duties and responsibilities as requested.
The position is generally performed in a standard office environment. The office is climate controlled and there is little to no exposure to the elements. The standard office hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday and
8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Fridays with a few minor variations due to business needs and projects. Moderate travel may be required to conduct due diligence for possible acquisitions.
The physical demands of
the job include sitting for long periods of time, typing, visually reviewing data on a computer screen/monitor, standing, squatting, kneeling, bending, lifting and carrying files, office supplies, boxes of paper and office related items up to 40
LDSCO offers a challenging and rewarding work environment supported by a total compensation program that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary,
- Full Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Cafeteria
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Personal Day, Holidays and Fun Days),
- Retirement Plan 401K and Safe Harbor Contribution,
- Personal and Professional Development,
- Rewards and Recognition Program,
- Strong Team Environment with Social and Team Building Activities.
LDSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Loren D. Stark Company:
The Loren D. Stark Company (LDSCO), as a Retirement Plan
Consulting firm, has developed a close relationship with the business community in Houston and across Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma. From the beginning our objective has been to provide our clients with a Plan design that meets the needs of the business
owner(s), as well as the employees.
LDSCO believes that the selection of an Employee Benefits Consulting Firm will have a significant impact on the shape and perception of your Employee Benefit Program. Hiring the right Third Party
Administrative (TPA) firm will make that impact positive and add value to an employer’s Retirement Plan. In making a recommendation to a prospective client, LDSCO prepares custom illustrations identifying the different results obtainable by the
employer. These recommendations may include Safe Harbor provisions, New Comparability, Integrated allocation features, as well as Defined Benefit plan designs.
The LDSCO Staff of Actuaries, Attorneys and Consultants are specialists in Pension,
Profit Sharing, Cash Balance, Employee Stock Ownership and 401(k) Plan Administration. These services include in part plan design and document preparation, compliance testing and reporting, annual plan participant ERISA compliance statements, participant
loan and distribution documentation, and the plan’s signature ready Form 5500.
LDSCO has an ongoing commitment to the development and integration of state-of-the-art technology and services to provide our clients with the most
comprehensive Retirement Plan available.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply using the following Zip Recruiter link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/b13f9be2 or candidates are welcomed to forward resumes to JeanV@LDSCO.com.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)