View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Senior Retirement Account Administrator
in East Lansing MI / Troy MI
Help foster a cohesive service team by directing workflow, supporting strong communication and displaying good
judgment and leadership to ensure the proper administration of all plans. Responsible for client service, compliance and Form 5500 reporting of an assigned group of retirement plans consisting of more complex plans, typically 60-70 plans. Plan
assignment may include employee stock ownership plans (ESOP). Is regarded as a technical expert and is a resource to the department for research and resolution of complex issues and regulatory changes.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service – 40%
- Proactively manage assigned client relationships to achieve or exceed client service satisfaction and ARB
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Keep Manager/Supervisor informed of sensitive issues and proactively work with Retirement
Relationship Manager or Retirement Specialist (RRM/RS) to retain key clients and assets.
- Involve Manager/Supervisor as needed to resolve technical, service, and compliance issues to ensure client satisfaction without jeopardizing regulatory
requirements and service standards.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and work with RRM/RS to identify and resolve any service issues as well as meet long-term client needs.
- Meet service standards. Proactively notify Manager/Supervisor and
client (as appropriate) if standards will not be met.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
Job Function Number 2: Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting -
- Monitor receipt of client’s census information to prioritize completion of compliance tests and/or Form 5500 reporting for an assigned set of plans.
- Understand and interpret plan document and contract provisions and apply
experience and judgment to situational problem resolution. Work with Manager/Supervisor and/or RRM if needed.
- If assigned ESOP plans, possess the necessary skills to administer ESOPs which includes an understanding of the valuation process,
updating participant records and delivery of the year-end annual valuation report and participant statements.
- Possess the necessary skills to administer a percentage of more complex defined contribution plans.
- Ensure that appropriate
compliance tests are accurate and completed within standards.
- Ensure Form 5500 and Summary Annual Report is accurate and completed within standards.
- Identify changes/amendments needed to documents due to client
- Instruct and provide guidance to co-workers on a variety of compliance issues and situations.
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement –
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in projects to improve the
products and services offered by ARS, including project groups tasked with developing enhanced procedures or policies.
- Work independently and request that the Manager/Supervisor review work as needed.
- Provide guidance and training to less
experienced account administrators.
- Assist in problem resolution as well as developing technical skills of others.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities
on a consistent basis.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Support and promote communication within the service team through direct communication, Client Gateway and other available tools as needed in order to build strong internal
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual/team accomplishments.
- 4+ years experience in complex defined contribution plan administration such as professional employer organization plans, multiple employer plans, non-qualified plans, cross testing
allocations and other unique plan designs.
- Successful completion of ASPPA’s Retirement Plan Fundamentals (RPF) or equivalent.
- Possess or working towards attaining ASPPA’s QKA certification or equivalent.
written/oral communication, organization, and client service skills required.
- Maintain professional working relationships with internal and external clients.
- Work independently and set priorities.
- Interpret documents and resolve
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated leadership
abilities as part of a team.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Demonstrated critical thinking abilities.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and problem solve complex situations. Apply judgment with respect to high level business impact and risk.
- Proven ability
to work with detailed technical knowledge of all types of retirement plans.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Requires ability to use sit for long
periods of time using a key board, mouse and to view multiple screens.
- Requires ability to use telephone for client contact and conference calls.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans
and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)