View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manager, Pension Administration
in Charlotte NC
Responsible for managing a staff of Consultants and Assistants in the delivery of excellent client service to plan sponsors, brokers/agents and financial partners
in all aspects of retirement plan services. The Manager will lead the staff in maintaining service standards and an environment that promotes achievement and professional growth.
Essential Duties and
- Successfully lead the service team (client facing pension administration team) in providing the highest level of service for the local TPA office.
- Ensure that Associates are meeting their service and production
- Handle escalated client issues.
- Manage, cultivate and lead an important strategic partnership.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your
actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational culture.
- Motivate, lead and support team members to provide excellent customer service by ensuring that staff is properly trained to respond to inquiries in a professional
- Participate in the hiring process by conducting interviews and evaluating candidates.
- Responsible for providing team members with substantive, periodic feedback on performance, including the completion of performance planning,
performance updates and the annual performance appraisal.
- Coordinates processes and procedures with other managers to provide consistent professional services across teams.
- Participates in the overall leadership and direction of Ascensus
Consulting by actively participating in leadership meeting, all associate meetings, project activity and annual planning process.
- Monitor associate productivity and metrics.
- Plan and organize workflow in order to meet service
- Produce weekly/monthly production metrics reports.
- Develop staffing strategies for appropriate allocation of resources to meet business needs and client service commitments/objectives.
- Coordinate the successful training
and instruction of new associates.
- Develop staff on industry knowledge, general business skills set, and professional development.
- Develop workflow alternatives that will streamline the production process, including the identification of
opportunities for improvement, make recommendations for changes and help implement those changes.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held
by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to Ascensus or our clients.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced degree or industry specific certification (ASPPA, CEBS, etc.) strongly preferred
- 3-5 years supervisor/managerial industry experience
- 7-10 years overall industry experience
- Defined benefit experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Comprehensive knowledge of retirement plans and the services provided by Ascensus Consulting including Compliance and Recordkeeping services
- Excellent analytical and problem solving
- Ability to work well under pressure with multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Polished Presentation Skills
- Excellent Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Excellent Conflict Resolution
- Proven Project Management Skills
- Superior Coaching and Mentoring Skills
- Superior Time Management Skills
- Ability to travel, if needed
** We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V.
a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is committed to high standards, operates with
transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the
basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Ascensus also takes affirmative action to
employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)