Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
in Albert Lea MN / Fargo ND / Arden Hills MN
Establish and maintain relationships with assigned retirement plan clients in order to achieve or
exceed client service and retention standards.
Job function Number 1: Client Service -
- Manage client relationships (advisor/broker, TPA, wholesaler, plan sponsor, etc.) by working to resolve complex service issues to ensure client satisfaction/retention.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships
and open lines of communication with internal and external clients.
- Produce and review annual review data with clients, advisors and wholesalers.
- Communicate with clients, advisors/brokers, and TPAs to proactively identify and manage
expectations, needs, and concerns.
- Respond to all email and voicemail inquires with tactful, accurate, and timely responses.
- Problem solves a variety of complex situations involving business and/or client needs.
- Keep supervisor and
sales executive informed of sensitive issues or special projects pertaining to clients.
- Assist sales consultants in retention analysis. Recommend fee changes as necessary, including fee increases or decreases depending on client needs, demands, and
- Research and resolve third party payments and questions (advisor, broker (B-50), TPA, wholesaler, etc.).
- Coordinate fund amendment process timeline. Work through fund availability issues and coordinate delivery of supporting
documents and enrollment packet materials, if applicable.
- Facilitate external fee changes (advisors, TPAs and wholesalers) by properly updating fee schedules, disclosures, and all applicable systems.
- Learn how the recordkeeping systems
operate (Omni, AddVantage, Global Revenue and Sponsor/Participant websites) and report information to effectively service plans.
Job Function Number 2: Onboarding -
- Work with sales consultants to initiate new business takeover process.
- Finalize fund line-ups and model portfolios with client, advisor and fund wholesaler.
- Work with advisor/client to complete new plan
- Facilitate conversion timeline discussions with client, advisor, TPAs as needed.
- Discuss education materials and enrollment meeting dates with advisor/client.
- Finalize the collection process for
internal and external fees.
- Provide all new business details to underwriting specialist.
Job Function Number 3: Teamwork and
Productivity - 5%
- Provide backup to supervisor, sales consultants, and team members for plan sponsor, advisor, TPA and other independent producer telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Foster a positive work
environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals. Treat all co-workers professionally.
- Participate in company and departmental meetings.
- Establish work objectives and priorities to perform work in a cost-effective
manner. Make recommendations for ways to increase productivity and decrease staff overtime.
- Proactively suggest changes in procedures, forms, and checklists to reduce account errors.
- Properly double check work of self and team members to
minimize rework. Ensure work is reviewed by your supervisor/team lead as needed.
- 1+ years of experience in defined contribution industry or
financial services company, preferably in recordkeeping or administration.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working with advisors/brokers and third-party vendors preferred.
written/oral communication and organization skills.
- Strong commitment to customer service.
- Available to work extra hours to cover peak workloads and other business needs.
- Ability to prioritize with a high level of commitment to
accuracy and detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, and other related systems.
- High attention to detail.
- Approachable and
- Adapts to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Self-motivated and a strong desire to take initiative.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable
- Sitting extended periods of time at a desk.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands
to key, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision to use a personal computer.
- Extended time is spent reviewing
documents, both actual papers or electronic.
- Must be able to access the community copier/scanner/printer.
- Periodically, large paper files need to be moved.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of
women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
View All Jobs, Sorted by Date
Manage This Listing (employer only)