Manager Retirement Services Sales
Lafayette Life Insurance Company
in Cincinnati OH
Manager Retirement Services Sales
Summary of Responsibilities:
Drives sales growth of plan administration and product sales to meet or exceed sales goals on an annual basis. Coordinates and monitors Sales
and Marketing activities within the department to ensure the ability of the staff to support our customers in an effective and timely manner. Responsible for the individual development and evaluation of staff in order to provide superior quality of
services, products and extensive technical pension knowledge. Manages and provides mentoring for Retirement Services Sales staff. Operates with minimal supervision and is virtually independent in the development and employment of appropriate sales
- Drives sales growth both plan administration and product to meet or exceed sales goals on an annual basis. Develops and delivers presentations for CPE credits for CPAs and CEs for agents,
pension schools, boot camps and advanced pension schools for agents. Assists agents with recommendations on how best to use our products in qualified areas. Provides guidance, support and recommendations to agents, assisting them on closing
- Is responsible for providing support to producers in all distribution channels to grow their block of retirement plan business using Lafayette Life administrative services and product offerings.
- Is responsible for creation and
maintenance of all Retirement Services Marketing materials.
- Keeps abreast of current trends in the retirement arena. Performs competitive sales benchmarking for qualified plans. Identifies gaps between competitive trends and Lafayettte Life
offerings. Recommends additions and deletions to offerings that maintain the competitive status of our services while meeting corporate cost and departmental sales objectives.
- Ensures all aspects of retirement plan sales comply with federal and
- Explores opportunites for business growth, e.g., Business partnerships, vendor partnerships
- Is responsible for ensuring the accuracy standards, turnaround time and sales department protocols are met.
maintenance of sales activity records including proposals, installation, policy submission and policy illustration support for Administration and No Administration cases.
- Utilizes technology to most effectively analyze and achieve benefit
- Executes Performance Management responsibilities. Develops and maintains performance standards to ensure the ability of staff to support effective and timely implementation of products and projects. Includes goal setting, identification of
individual developmental needs and overseeing that action plans are created and executed to address those needs. Administers performance evaluations. Fosters a culture within the department that promotes open communication, integrity, professionalism,
teamwork and a sense of urgency.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of Small Business Retirement market to encompass needs and limitations of
- Proven advanced Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution knowledge.
- Demonstrated excellent performance management skills. Proven ability to develop personnel by identifying opportunities for improvement and coaching/mentoring
to successfully address those opportunities. Must be able to create and sustain a healthy teamwork atmosphere both inside and outside the department.
- Proven flexibility when faced with changes in work processes or introduction of new technologies,
including examples of grasping and initiating new concepts in the workplace.
- Demonstrated experience maintaining a calm and professional demeanor when handling stressful situations.
- Must be able to cite examples of good decision-making
skills when dealing with multiple alternatives. Demonstrated in-depth knowledge and experience of pension knowledge.
- Proven excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to convey information to internal and external customers in a
clear, focused and concise manner.
- Cite examples of self-motivation and experience working under limited supervision. Cite examples being proactive in self-development and improvement in technical and application skill sets.
examples from work experience demonstrating flexibility to meet department and customer needs.
- Works in an office setting and remains in a continuous stationary position for long periods of time while
working at a desk, on a computer or with other standard office equipment, or while in meetings.
- Performs substantial movement of wrists, hands and fingers for continuous computer work.
- College degree preferably in Business, Finance, Accounting or Actuarial.
- Professional designation of Certified Pension Consultant (CPC), Qualified Pension Administrator (QPA), Qualified 401(k) Administrator (QKA)
or Accredited Pension Administrator (APA).
Computer Skills and Knowledge of Hardware & Software Required:
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with pension software (i.e., Datair,
Certifications & licenses (i.e., Series 6 & 63, CPA, etc.):
- Extended hours required during peak workloads or special
- Some travel required 5-10 days per year.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manage This Listing (employer only)