Manager, Benefits & Wellness
Barnes Group Inc.
in Bristol CT
Manager, Benefits & Wellness (Americas)
As a member of the Corporate Total Rewards Team, you
will play an integral, hands-on role in providing strategic and operational leadership in the design, development, implementation, communication and administration with primary focus on US based health, welfare, retirement and wellness programs for our
active employees, retirees and their eligible dependents. In alignment with BES - our Total Operating System – you’ll identify and develop alternatives to provide and deliver innovative, compliant and market competitive benefit offerings that
align with Barnes Group’s talent management objectives and promote and support an energized and engaged workforce.
- Evaluate the competitive environment and lead
the team in benefit plan compliance and design of innovative health, welfare, and retirement programs for our workforce and retiree plans (including salaried, non-union hourly and unionized employees).
- Establish, build and maintain strong
relationships with key HR stakeholders and business leaders to ensure that overall benefits strategy supports the Company’s business priorities, are highly competitive, effective and aligned with talent management priorities.
proactive strategies and recommendations to ensure market competitive programs in alignment with emerging trends (e.g., legislative, workforce demographics, trends, population health management, etc.) while remaining cost effective, legally compliant, and
balanced with our benefits and total rewards philosophy and company needs.
- Coordinate and help effectively manage partner vendors, brokers, global HR teams / finance to ensure innovative thinking and sound analyses in making benefit decisions that
support business priorities through annual renewal process. Select and manage vendor relationships including: benefit brokers, advisors, TPAs, carriers and other vendors, ensuring high performance standards are met or exceeded.
cross-functional projects to implement new or enhanced program offerings - ensure compliance, and efficiency through streamlined operations and administration.
- Manage annual renewals / remarketing, strategy delivery and open enrollment planning,
identifying and recommending changes / enhancements to US benefit offerings and cost-sharing as appropriate.
- Develop and implement multi-channel communication strategies, to ensure effective promotion and understanding of US benefit
- Proactively identify and implement process improvement opportunities and ensure plans remain legally compliant.
- Oversee all compliance requirements including, but not limited to maintaining plan documentation, annual internal and
external audits, HIPAA, SARs, Form 5500 filings, PBGC premiums, ACA reporting, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Develop and prepare executive-level reporting, scorecards, metrics, and reports on benefit programs and financials under
- Lead union relationship(s) including strategic consultation/support for labor negotiations and administration regarding applicable plans.
- Conduct due diligence and manage integrations relative to mergers and acquisition
- Eligible for relocation.
- Provides thought leadership in the design and development of wellness programs in alignment with competitive market practices and the Company’s health plan goals and initiatives. Leverages
programs to build a culture of wellness and assesses ROI via key metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent and 8 to 10+ year’s relevant experience, including plan strategy and
- Strong working knowledge of US state and federal laws governing benefit plans.
- Ability to think strategically and develop project plans to achieve business and people results.
- Demonstrated ability to bring
programs from concept to successful implementation. Leads by example; establishes clear expectations and sets the direction and priorities for team/vendors.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and written/verbal communication
- Strong analytical, organizational and project management skills. Excellent attention to detail and strong sense of urgency and follow through.
- Ability to balance competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook & Power Point and well as technical system aptitude and diagnostic skills.
- Presence, flexibility, and ability to collaborate and work effectively with people at all levels across the
- Flexibility to travel and work evening hours, as required.
At Barnes Group Inc., career development is a shared responsibility in which all employees are encouraged to develop,
improve, and enhance their skills and professional growth to support our business objectives.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
Manage This Listing (employer only)