Retirement Account Analyst
in Bedford NH
The Retirement Account Analyst I is responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement account
administrators in the preparation of compliance tests and assisting in reconciling and preparing Form 5500 filings.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service- 40%
- Provide backup to
administrators for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails and other requests.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
- Keep managers and administrators informed of sensitive client issues and special client
- Proactively work to retain clients and assets.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve client service issues, as well as meet long-term client needs.
Job Function Number 2: Support to Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting – 40%
- Evaluate the integrity of the census data provided by clients and resolve discrepancies
- Ensure year-end census information is accurately imported into appropriate systems.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical issues.
- Help prepare Form 5500 filings, reconciliations and Summary Annual Report for
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives
with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Provide backup to other analysts and within the plan services unit.
- Foster a
positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and
others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Good written/oral communication, organization and client service
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business needs.
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work responsibilities.
- Ability to multi-task,
prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and organizational skills.
professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time
sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required
to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at
approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
Manage This Listing (employer only)