Loren D. Stark Company
in Houston TX
“We value experience, the desire to gain
knowledge and the motivation to do your best.”
The position, under limited direction, owns all functions related various types of plan distributions including defined benefit pension plans, defined
contribution 401k savings plans, profit-sharing plans and non-qualified executive retirement programs. The ideal candidate will have three (3) years of experience with distributions analyst duties or related retirement plan experience.
well-defined strategies to meet our goals. However, success cannot be sustainable unless we commit to and work according to our values. First among these is Honesty in all aspects of our conduct. This includes acting with integrity in how we run our
business, both with respect to our external dealings with customers, clients and competitors and in our internal dealings with our staff.
- Responsible for
research and resolving multiple plan related telephone and voicemail inquiries,
- Responsible for research and resolving multiple plan related customer and inter-departmental e-mail inquiries,
- Responsible for research and ensuring
corrections to IRS documents related to plan distributions; such as, Form 1099-R, Form 1096, Form 945, and Form 945-X, for tax purposes,
- Conduct daily review of plan distributions and loans prior to submittal to outsourcing,
- Manage loan
tracking, generating loan documents, re-amortizing loans, loan consolidation, and calculating accrued interest on unpaid loans,
- Responsible for calculating hardship and in-service plan distribution amount availability for plan
- Search for possible options for plan participants to receive a plan distribution and/or loan,
- Complete data entry of plan distributions and loans in our Retirement Plan Administration (RPA) database,
- Review and process
Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) for plan participants,
- Calculate Qualified Domestic Relations Order (QDRO) awarded benefit due to Alternate Payee’s,
- Prepare and send Form 1099-R’s to clients throughout the duration of
- Send mass letters and year end plan distribution summaries to all clients during our yearly Form 945 Project,
- Ensure mass updates are entered into the database to include various documents during yearly Form 945
- Responsible for sending various client follow-ups throughout the year to ensure timeliness and completion of plan distribution and or loans,
- Provide Electronic Federal Tax Payment Systems (EFTPS) support when clients submit
- Responsible for the submission of tax deposits and online enrollment with Electronic Federal Tax Payment Systems (EFTPS) for clients,
- Responsible for applying and maintaining a IRS Trust Employer Identification Numbers (EIN)
- Responsible for conducting Missing Participant Searches.
- Back-up team members,
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required,
- Previous retirement industry experience is preferred,
- Problem-solving and strategic thinking are a critical portion of the
- Attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, manage tasks and meet deadlines in connection with business operations,
- Adherence to laws and confidentiality guidelines,
- Strong knowledge of English
grammar, composition, spelling and punctuation
- Advanced mathematical skills and accurate 10-key abilities,
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products (especially Excel); working knowledge of relevant software will be appreciated,
organizational and time management skills,
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment,
- Prefer experience in customer service including appropriate business etiquette in all dealings,
- Effective and efficient telephone,
written and electronic communication skills,
- Willingness to take on new duties and responsibilities as requested.
The position is generally performed in a standard office environment. The office
is climate controlled and there is little to no exposure to the elements. The standard office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Thursday and 8:00 am to 2:00 pm on Fridays with a few minor variations due to business needs and
The physical demands of the job include sitting for long periods of time, typing, visually reviewing data on a computer screen/monitor, standing, squatting, kneeling, bending, lifting and
carrying files, office supplies, boxes of paper and office related items up to 40 lbs.
LDSCO offers a challenging and rewarding work environment supported by a total compensation program that includes:
- Competitive Base Salary,
Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Cafeteria Plans),
- Paid Leave (Vacation, Personal Day, Holidays and Fun Days),
- Retirement Plan 401K and Safe Harbor Contribution,
- Personal and Professional
- Incentives, Rewards and Recognition Programs,
- Entrepreneurial Culture,
- Strong Team Environment with social and team building activities.
LDSCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
How to Apply
Candidates may apply using the following Zip Recruiter link: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/job/9e7d267c or send resumes to JeanV@LDSCO.com.
Manage This Listing (employer only)