Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Defined Benefit Operations Specialist
Explore a new career with the best retirement company…..
Our belief in talented people who provide high quality service and
At Transamerica, we bring creativity, inspiration, diversity and a new perspective to our customers and associates. Joining our team allows individuals to excel in the culture and health/wealth environment that fits their skills and
personality. We’re looking for someone who is willing to progress in there career and be passionate about learning.
What Will You Do:
The main purpose of a Defined Benefit Operations Specialist is to provide a better platform for the
client for a more seamless operation.
What Will You Learn:
Working to solidify the roles and task. Manage the updates from the clients, adhere to the best practices and policies in place. Data analysis, benefit calculations and a variety of
learning new system processes.
What Success Looks Like:
- Perform routine and moderately complex DB Retirement benefit calculations, payment processing, and other operational processes using knowledge of ERISA and tools used to perform
- Support projects as a calculations resource for specified clients. Perform analysis, including population identification based on documented criteria, manual research.
- Provide technical guidance to internal partners, including
call center, client consultants and project team. Execute changes to DB payments, contact information, taxes, EFT detail, beneficiaries, etc. per participant or client request.
- Review payment related forms to determine if in good order, and process
based on knowledge of applicable rules and regulations,
- Review and reconcile payment files to ensure SOC1 compliance
- Maintain and update tax documents (1099R) based on knowledge of taxation regulations
- Bachelor's degree in business, math, finance, actuarial science, or related field, or equivalent education / experience
- Two years relevant work experience
- Basic knowledge of defined benefit pension and actuarial
- Basic knowledge of retirement industry regulations
- Strong math and statistical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Proficiency using MS Word,
Excel; Basic SQL query skills
What You Receive:
A Comprehensive Wealth + Health package. It’s our passion to empower people, and especially our employees, to add years to their lives and more life to their
years. That means a healthy account balance and a healthy body to match. As you’ll come to discover, Wealth + Health is a central part of everything we do!
- Wealth Benefits; Competitive Pay, Bonus, and Benefits Package; Pension
Plan, 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement, Disability Insurance, Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Career Training & Development Opportunities, Certification Sponsorship
- Health and Work / Life Balance
Benefits; Be Well Company sponsored holistic wellness program which includes Wellness Coaching and reward dollars, Parental Leave, Adoption Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, College Coach Program, Back-up Care Program, Paid Time Off to
Volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program, Employee Resource Groups, Inclusion and Diversity Programs, Employee Recognition Program
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 329 times.
It expires on 9/27/2019.