Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Retirement Services Associate
in East Lansing MI
Responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement relationship managers and retirement specialists
with client service functions. Collaborate with teams to ensure departmental quality and service goals are met and that all client requests are addressed within the permissible time frames. Clients support will include both direct and advisor-driven
relationships working in conjunction with, and taking direction from the retirement relationship managers and retirement specialists. As defined, work with plan sponsors and plan participants to resolve questions and
Job Function Number 1: Processing Support - 60%
- Oversee the fund change process once a plan sponsor elects to make a fund change. Submit plan fund
change requests through the fund change team, send all documentation and disclosures to the plan sponsor for review, signature approval and disclosure dissemination.
- Manage enrollment kit orders. Complete order form, update plan highlights,
confirm other specific plan documents are current and submit order to fulfillment team in a timely manner to ensure receipt by an identified date.
- Contact plan sponsors to determine the cause and request payment of late administration
- Submit external advisor invoices for processing through the accounts payable database.
- Request or create special reports related to fees, revenue sharing and plan demographics as requested by external advisors, consultants or
- Prepare materials for Retirement Relationship Managers’ (RRM) meetings with plan sponsors and advisors. Where applicable, print, assemble and ship materials to the appropriate location.
Job Function Number
2: Client Service Support - 20%
- Prepare and submit plan change requests for all changes such as plan fees, plan design or plan administration through the plan change database.
- Provide backup
to RRMs and Retirement Specialists (RS) for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails, and other requests.
- Deliver a timely response to internal and external inquiries.
- Collaboratively work to retain clients and assets working in conjunction
with the RRMs and RSs.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve client services issues as well as meet long term client needs.
- Respond to participant calls relating to general and plan-specific questions. Determine
whether the call should be elevated to the RRM based on the complexity of the question.
Job Function Number 3: Description Communication - 20%
- Maintain timely and
thorough communication amongst team members on all significant client issues and special client projects.
- Use judgment to consider when to escalate issues to other members of the RRM team or ARB management.
- Work collaboratively as a member
of the service team to ensure seamless client service.
- College degree preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in defined contribution industry, preferably in recordkeeping or
- Superb written/oral communication, organization and client service skills required.
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel and Word including use of pivot tables, charts and graphs and creating/editing
- Advanced knowledge of Omni preferred.
- Basic knowledge of investments and mutual funds preferred.
- Basic ability to interpret retirement plan documents.
- Well organized.
- High aptitude for delivering a highly impactful and positive client service experience.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work
collaboratively within a team to meet complex and varied client needs.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable accommodation)
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and
using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and electronic documents.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach
with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
This ad has been viewed 365 times.
It expires on 9/22/2019.