Free Daily News and Jobs
“BenefitsLink continues to be the most valuable resource we have at the firm.”
-- An attorney subscriber
Retirement Plan Consultant
in Portland OR / Telecommute
Hello Future Retirement Plan Consultant,
In 2006, Independent Retirement (Inde) set out to establish ourselves
as the most reliable, accurate, complete, accessible and comprehensive third party administrator in the Pacific Northwest. We cannot achieve that goal without creating a place that fosters greatness. A place where incredibly talented individuals are
empowered to do their best work each day with very little in their way.
Therefore, we promote a culture of talent, freedom, responsibility, and integrity; and curate an environment that fosters a rich entrepreneurial spirit, encourages creativity and
innovation, and ultimately produces the best possible solutions for our clients. We hold dearly the idea that such outcomes are achieved best by small talented teams collaborating and empowering them to make their own best judgments.
We are looking
for a college graduate or experienced professional to work within our administration team that is self-driven and passionate about retirement plans. This person will have at least 3 to 5 years of experience administering a book of qualified retirement
plans; and, the role requires the right person to have a servant’s heart, a curious mind, be proficient with current technology, obsessed with details, and comfortable with numbers. Experience with 403(b) plans, defined benefit/defined contribution
combo plans, or cash balance plans is valuable, but not required.
Specific responsibilities of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Manage client relationships, as well as all aspects of administration for
profit-sharing, 401(k) and other retirement plan types for a designated group of plans;
- Oversee and review work performed by retirement plan administrators to ensure completeness and accuracy in core aspects of plan administration, as well as
timely turnaround of deliverables to clients and partners;
- Lead, mentor, and assist plan administrators in developing their knowledge and skills;
- Proactively consult with clients and partners on various aspects of plan design, operations
- Draft, review, and interpret plan documents, amendments, notices and summary plan descriptions;
- Communicate directly with clients, participants, partners, and team members using a variety of mediums to provide proactive
- Actively participate in company initiatives to improve internal operations, client retention, and overall value to our stakeholders;
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and
industry conferences, reviewing professional publications, training, and cultivating a professional network; and,
- Manage ad-hoc projects as assigned.
Requirements for the role:
- College degree preferred, but
- 3 to 5 or more years of experience as a senior retirement plan administrator or plan consultant;
- Familiarity with ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code and related regulations that apply to qualified retirement plans;
QPA credential or equivalent;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Proven ability to work in a results oriented, team environment;
- Strong organization skills and the ability to self-prioritize work across multiple
- Ability to take initiative, follow-through on requests until completion, and utilize keen attention to detail, and;
- Demonstrable intermediate-level proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 office suite and Adobe Acrobat, as well as a
willingness and ability to learn other technology platforms quickly
- Experience with ASC, DGEM, FTWilliam, and PensionPro is preferred, but not required
- Willingness to work additional hours during peak periods or as
- We offer employees competitive base salaries with performance-based bonuses. In addition, we provide an array of great benefits including subsidized health and dental insurance; short term
disability; a 401(k) plan with matching contributions; paid time off; flex schedules; time off for charitable causes; and full reimbursement for continuing education.
- This role will be based in our office in
Portland, Oregon, but we are willing to consider candidates that want to work remotely.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Manage This Listing (employer only)