Supervisory Actuary -DH
Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
in Washington DC / Telecommute
Open & closing dates: 07/03/2019 to 07/24/2019
Pay scale & grade: GS
Salary: $117,191 to $152,352 per year
1 vacancy in Washington DC
Telework eligible? Yes as determined by agency policy
This position is located in the Pension
Benefit Guaranty Corporation's (PBGC) Actuarial Services & Technology Department (ASTD).
- Manage a range of activities associated with the Actuarial Services Division's calculation and valuation of termination
- Review the work of Federal and Contract staff actuaries
- Oversee and monitor contractors to ensure performance follows actuarial standards, policies and procedures
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You may undergo a personnel security background investigation
- Selective Service registration required for male applicants, unless exempt
- 1 year probationary period required unless
met during prior Federal service
- You may have to serve a 1 year supervisory probationary period
- Applicants selected for employment will be required to complete an OF-306
All qualification and eligibility
requirements must be met by the announcement closing date.
You may start at the GS-14 grade level with an annual salary of $117,191.00, if you meet the following minimum qualification requirements in addition to the education
requirement listed under the Eligibility Requirements:
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at the GS-13 grade level in the Federal service or equivalent to the GS-13 grade
level in the private sector planning and directing actuarial work.
Examples may include: reviewing actuarial work conducted in single-employer defined benefit pension plan terminations or leading the actuarial valuation of a plan
In order to qualify for this position, you must possess:
A bachelor's degree that included courses in actuarial science, mathematics, relevant statistics, business, finance, economics, insurance, or computer
science totaling at least 24 semester hours. This course work must have included a minimum of 12 semester hours of mathematics that included differential and integral calculus and one or more courses in mathematics for which these calculus courses were
Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications.
How to Apply
The text above consists of excerpts of a job ad currently online at USAJOBS.gov. Much of the omitted information is critically important, such as the application instructions and complete qualification
See the full text of the USAJOBS.gov ad at their web page:
This ad has been viewed 323 times.
It expires on 7/24/2019.