Survivor Benefits Supervisor
Wespath Benefits and Investments
in Glenview IL
Wespath Benefits and Investments, recognized as a 2018 Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies to Work For® and a 2018 National Best and Brightest Companies to Work For®, has an opportunity for a Supervisor for our Survivor Benefits team in
our Customer Service Department.
As the Survivor Benefits Supervisor you will manage a team of six team members to ensure that participants receive their survivor benefits in a timely manner. This people management position participates in the
selection process and ensures that team members are appropriately trained as well as provides coaching and performance feedback to help team members be successful. This position is a great opportunity for someone who likes to improve processes, work with
complex systems and take on challenging tasks.
More specifically, the supervisor will have the opportunity to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the team to ensure service levels are met or exceeded.
- Manage the performance and
development of direct reports.
- Ensure team process documentation is up-to-date.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of Customer Service database applications.
- Participate in or serving in leadership roles on cross-functional and
organization-wide projects that support strategic initiatives.
- Associate’s Degree in business or related discipline or equivalent work experience.
- 4+ years of experience working in
customer service in the employee benefits and/or financial industries.
- Proficiency in the use of the PC and Microsoft Office applications, with a skill set that will allow multiple application navigation
- Proficient communication skills,
oral and written, able to perform basic math functions, analytical skills to interpret data and resolve problems.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience.
- Experience supervising 7-10 people.
- Working knowledge of Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution, 403(b) and 401(k) pension plans.
- Working knowledge of Welfare plans.
- Experience with OMNI applications a plus.
How to Apply
Interested people who want to learn more about working for Wespath Benefits and Investments are invited to visit our Careers site at: https://www.wespath.org/about/careers/
Applicants can apply
This ad has been viewed 351 times.
It expires on 8/27/2019.