DB Functional Data Analyst
in Cedar Rapids IA / MA
Job Description Summary
Responsible for evaluation, creation and maintenance of defined benefits database systems. Provide
administration and support for a variety of system development tools.
- Analyzes database requirements of the user department, applications programming and operations.
- Submits recommendations for solutions that
require definition of the physical structure and functional capabilities of databases and require data security and data backup/recovery specifications.
- Proposes detailed specifications and flowcharts and coordinates installation of revised or new
- Creates schemas and sub-schemas in consultation with supervisor and application project team.
- Sets up and performs backup and recovery procedures.
- Works with Data Administrator, or appropriate staff, to transform business
requirements into logical data models.
- Converts logical data models into physical databases.
- Performs monitoring and tuning for performance and storage management.
- Develops transaction logging and security
- Understands and uses normalization methods and design methodologies.
- Provides database assistance and problem support to application developers, business analysts and business users.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge
of database principles, practices and procedures of a particular field of specialization to the completion of moderately difficult assignments.
- Effectively applies fundamental concepts; works on assignments of moderate scope and complexity, with
limited oversight; makes recommendations for changes to procedures, and performs varied work, requiring some originality or ingenuity.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education/work experience. Minimum of 2
years professional experience. Broad knowledge of database operating systems.
Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Some evaluation, originality
or ingenuity is required. Ability to lead medium complex projects.
Normal office environment
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: http://transamericatrk.transamerica.com/tp/rj6-oaCU1.e-K
This ad has been viewed 374 times.
It expires on 8/27/2019.