Counsel, Qualified Retirement Plans
in San Mateo CA
Guideline is looking for Counsel, Qualified Retirement Plans to join the Legal team.
What will you be working on?.
You will serve as a key leader and subject matter expert on
retirement plan matters in a dynamic and energetic start-up environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across the company, including with our marketing, sales, product development, and customer operations and support teams, to
devise innovative and technology-oriented solutions for common retirement plan issues.
- Plan design and implementation
- Plan documents, restatements, and interpretation
- Legislative and regulatory updates
- Nondiscrimination testing
- Government filings and reporting
- Plan and participant limits
- Distributions & participant loans
- QDROs & beneficiary payments
- Recordkeeping and asset
- DOL/IRS correction programs, VCP submissions and audits
You’ll be a critical member of Guideline’s Legal & Compliance team, comprised of attorneys and legal operations
professionals. The Legal & Compliance team serves as a strategic advisor and partner to Guideline’s business functions to ensure our products and services are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements; manage risk as Guideline scales
to become a leading retirement plan provider; monitor plan operational compliance; and represent Guideline in legal and regulatory matters.
- J.D. from accredited law school
- Minimum 8
years of relevant experience advising on qualified retirement plan matters
- Proven ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and cross-functionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to distill
complex subject matter into terms readily understood by team members of all levels of expertise
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced environment and quickly adapt
to changing business needs
- Uncompromising integrity and discretion
- Ability to pass background and credit check for employment
What is Guideline?
At Guideline, we’re helping people save for a better
future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a low, flat rate fee per participant,
in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 7,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple of years of operations, we’re well on our way to making smart
retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $59M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision /
- Generous parental leave policy
- Daily lunch
- Commuter benefit
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guideline/jobs/4337153002
This ad has been viewed 400 times.
It expires on 8/25/2019.