Manager, Retirement Plan Compliance
in San Mateo CA
Guideline is looking for a Manager, Retirement Plan Compliance to join the Legal team.
What will you be working on?.
You will be responsible for oversight of our retirement plan compliance program
and serve as a subject matter expert on retirement plan matters in a dynamic and energetic start-up environment, where you’ll have the opportunity to collaborate across the company, including with our marketing, sales, product development, and
customer operations and support teams, to devise innovative and technology-oriented solutions for common retirement plan issues.
Your primary responsibility will be oversight of our retirement plan compliance program. In this role, you will
collaborate cross-functionally across departments to:
- Design policies and procedures to ensure qualified plan administration compliance
- Test, monitor and report on the effectiveness of our policies and procedures and compliance
- Develop training and development resources to support our internal teams with regard to plan administration
Additionally, you will be a technical resource to our teams regarding retirement plan administration, including, but not
- Plan design and implementation
- Plan documents, restatements, and interpretation
- Legislative and regulatory updates
- Fiduciary responsibilities
- Nondiscrimination testing
- Government filings and
- Plan and participant limits
- Distributions & participant loans
- QDROs & beneficiary payments
- Recordkeeping and asset reconciliation
- DOL/IRS correction programs, VCP submissions and
You’ll be a critical member of Guideline’s Legal & Compliance team, comprised of attorneys and legal operations professionals. The Legal & Compliance team serves as a strategic advisor
and partner to Guideline’s business functions to ensure our products and services are developed in compliance with regulatory requirements; manage risk as Guideline scales to become a leading retirement plan provider; monitor plan operational
compliance; and represent Guideline in legal and regulatory matters.
- J.D. from accredited law school preferred; or licensing or advanced certification in tax, audit, accounting, actuarial, pension,
investments or financial planning disciplines with minimum 8 years of directly relevant experience.
- Proven ability to work well independently, as part of a team, and cross-functionally
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with
the ability to distill complex subject matter into terms readily understood by team members of all levels of expertise
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize deliverables in a fast-paced
environment and quickly adapt to changing business needs
- Uncompromising integrity and discretion
- Ability to pass background and credit check for employment
What is Guideline?
At Guideline, we’re
helping people save for a better future. Guideline is the only 401(k) provider that doesn’t charge participants any fees on investments, regardless of the value of their assets or retirement account balance. And for employers, Guideline charges a
low, flat rate fee per participant, in contrast to the asset-based fee model predominant in the industry.
With over 7,000 clients and hundreds of millions of dollars in assets under management, in just a couple of years of operations, we’re
well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $59M to date with top-tier investors.
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of
Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
- Daily lunch
- Commuter benefit
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to Apply
Apply using this link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/guideline/jobs/4322075002
This ad has been viewed 468 times.
It expires on 8/24/2019.