Plan Administration Specialist
First Mercantile Trust
in Dubuque IA / Cordova TN
Job Name: Plan Administration Specialist
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Dubuque, IA or Cordova / Memphis, TN
Summary: This position is mainly responsible for performing compliance nondiscrimination
testing and Form 5500 reporting for defined contribution plans. This role maintains a book of accounts to assure that the retirement plans remain qualified, contributions and benefits are tested and allocated properly, and all completed within regulatory
Position involves the ability to perform the following:
- Analyze annual or mid-year census information from clients and complete annual nondiscrimination testing requirements that may include but not limited
- Determine eligibility provisions have been calculated correctly.
- Calculate and prepare proposals for year-end or true-up employer allocations.
- Perform required testing such as ADP/ACP, Top Heavy, Coverage, Compensation
Nondiscrimination, General Nondiscrimination, Control Group Determination.
- Ensure IRS and plan limits are not exceeded by participants and clients.
- Have the ability to learn and perform advanced annual nondiscrimination testing to include,
but not limited to new comparability allocations, integrated allocations, and average benefit testing.
- Calculate employer allocation projections for existing clients.
- Prepare Form 5500 and reporting that may include but not limited
- Reconcile plan financial statements.
- Prepare annual audit packages for applicable plans.
- Provide audit support to auditors and clients for applicable plans.
- Prepare other government filings as required such as Form
8955SSA, Form 5558, and Form 5330.
- Provide compliance testing and reporting support to internal and external partners.
- Identify and recognize any compliance issues that arise from a plan’s testing and reporting process, analyze and
recommend corrective action.
- Responsible for logging workload information into database for tracking purposes.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Skills & Abilities:
Ability to operate the
- PC, calculator, copy/scan machine, telephone, fax machine
- Experience with or ability to learn the following programs:
- Relius Administration, FT William, CRM, Access, Excel, Word, Adobe, Relius Documents
to read and interpret plan documents.
- Possess the following skills:
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet regulatory deadlines as well as team and personal goals.
- Strong problem
solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to react to change productively.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA, IRS, and
Minimum Level of Preparation:
- Two-year degree or relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of Retirement or Pension experience is preferred.
recognized designations (ASPPA, etc.) are a plus.
How to Apply
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 441 times.
It expires on 8/23/2019.