Associated Pension Consultants
in Chico CA / Telecommute
Join a stable, respected company that has been providing quality third party administration and consulting for small to mid-size employers
nationwide for over 40 years. Our philosophy is to provide outstanding, localized client service with solid integrity. We strive to create a mutually beneficial working relationship with our employees while supporting individual growth in a
challenging and creative environment. We offer a full benefit package that includes medical, dental, vision coverage, along with our 401k profit sharing plan!
We are seeking experienced candidates to create financial
statements, reconcile various accounts, complete intermediate retirement plan compliance, retirement plan design assistance, and prepare required annual tax forms as needed for all aspects of plan administration. (Telecommuting
DUTIES TO INCLUDE PROCESSING AND COORDINATING WORK FLOW AS ASSIGNED WITHIN THE FOLLOWING DEPARTMENTS:
- Reconcile various retirement plan financial documents including pooled and
- Prepare financial statements for retirement plans including stock schedules.
- Process all required government reporting forms as they apply to the 5500 reporting process including EFAST2 submissions.
- Prepare gain
and loss allocation statements
- Prepare miscellaneous notes and instructions to consultants based on analysis of the trust information.
- Analyze plan distribution notices
- Analyze plan documents to determine correct trust accounting
component necessary for annual reporting.
- After an introductory period of time provide quality control (QC) of various trust administration work performed, including annual reports as needed.
- Review problem accounts for
- Assist with training of department employees.
- Tracks all completed work in various programs.
- Primarily responsible for preparation of the following intermediate plan
calculations and annual report summaries:
- 401(k), Profit Sharing or Money Purchase
- Single or dual plans
- All size plans
- New comparability, age weighted allocations or Safe Harbor
- Multiple Loans
annual plan contributions, preliminary calculations, projection calculations and mid-year valuations.
- Analyze plan document to determine correct administrative components.
- Determine participant eligibility.
- Determine highly
compensated employee status.
- Perform plan coverage testing.
- Highly compensated determination.
- Perform plan top heavy testing.
- Check participant vesting.
- Perform advanced 401(k) ADP/ACP non-discrimination
- Recommend failed ADP/ACP correction methods.
- Perform advanced plan cross testing.
- Summarize advanced participant accounts.
- Adjust participant accounts for gains and losses based on asset performance
to research solutions to administrative questions.
KNOWLEDGE – SKILLS – ABILITIES
- Ability to concentrate; highly organized and detail oriented individual.
- Highly skilled in plan administration,
while requiring little supervision.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- ·Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to interpret complex technical literature.
- Detailed preparation of compliance/trust accounting work while
maintaining 95% accuracy
- General knowledge of accounting principles
- General knowledge of ERISA
- Ability to read, speak and write in English.
- Ability to use a 10 Key accurately and efficiently.
- High School Diploma or equivalent: Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration (Finance/Accounting) highly preferred.
- Five plus years of industry trust and compliance experience.
- Excellent math and
analytical skills (supported by experience and/or related coursework).
- Proficiency in MS applications, particularly Excel and Word programs
- Must be able to type at least 35 WPM.
How to Apply
Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume, cover letter and the pay range you are seeking.
For more information about APC, please view our website at www.e-apc.com
Manage This Listing (employer only)