Defined Benefits Actuarial Consultant
USI Consulting Group
in Glastonbury CT
USI Consulting Group (USICG) is a premier provider of defined contribution and defined benefit plan consulting and administration services. We are an affiliate company of both USI Securities, Inc. (a broker-dealer, Member FINRA/SIPC) and USI
Advisors, Inc. (a federally registered investment adviser) and a wholly owned subsidiary of USI Insurance Services LLC. We are a team of just under 300 associates and growing. We are very competitive and enjoy a strong reputation in the mid-market space,
with over $50 million in U.S. revenue and an affiliated advisor with over $19 billion in assets under advisement.
USICG provides specialized expertise in retirement plan design, administration, consulting, investments, regulatory & compliance for
thousands of clients nationwide in the $5M - $200M marketplace. Our clients consist of public and private sector employers, not-for-profit organizations, mid-market and Fortune 1000 companies.
As a Defined Benefits Actuarial Consultant, you will work
directly with Actuaries to communicate the results of analysis and calculations necessary to complete client pension projects, and completes peer review of other Actuarial Analyst work. You will be involved in numerous client projects simultaneously
and must manage your contribution to project time and budget effectively to ensure a correct and complete client deliverable. The Actuarial Consultant at this level is expected to complete the assigned duties independently with limited
What you will do:
- Review and communicate results related to the actuarial valuation process. Maintain turnaround time to meet the client's requirements and the department's timing standards.
- Review and deliver
the participant annual funding notice and actuarial AFTAP certification.
- Review and assist clients with the filing process for the IRS Form5500 package.
- Review and assist clients with the filing of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation
(PBGC) Comprehensive Premium Form for determining premium payments to comply with PBGC regulations.
- Review and communicate the financial impacts of the ASC 715 Pension Expense Calculation (including settlement transactions) and Disclosure
- Review and deliver benefit calculations and projected benefit estimates, including QDROs, RMDs and in service distribution benefits.
- Draft and deliver correspondence between USICG and the client regarding matters on all core
- Demonstrate competency with mortality and interest theory concepts, in conjunction with performing experience studies and other special project assignments as requested by the client or actuary.
- Demonstrate technical
proficiency with various software applications to become efficient in completing client assignments.
- Serve as a technical resource to Actuarial Analysts. Demonstrate strong technical knowledge of ERISA, FASB and GASB requirements.
and maintain a friendly and collaborative atmosphere within the department and company
What knowledge and skills are most desired:
- Bachelor Degree in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Computer Science or Finance.
- 3-7 years of
post-education pension actuarial experience.
- Completion of actuarial exams is not required, but preferred.
- Functional in MS Office software (Word, Excel). ProVal knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and communication
- Ability to multi-task and juggle priorities.
- Flexibility to work overtime to meet client demands.
- Team orientated.
How to Apply
Send your resume to Becky Landry, HR Business Partner @ firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 459 times.
It expires on 8/20/2019.