The Segal Group
in Trenton NJ
For 80 years, Segal has been providing employee benefits and human resources consulting for
multiemployer trust funds, corporations and public sector organizations. Segal is an independent privately and employee-owned firm. Our independence allows us to provide unbiased consulting services for our clients. Headquartered in New York City, Segal
has offices throughout the United States and in Canada. We are a smaller organization that provides a more intense and
broader exposure for development purposes within a culture that is highly collegial and team-oriented. You will work with colleagues
who are smart, professional, talented and...nice people. We also offer a competitive pay and benefits package that includes a Defined Benefit pension and matching 401(k) plans.
The Consultant consistently demonstrates the ability to apply
ever-evolving technical expertise in original and creative ways to problem solving and client servicing situations. The Consultant effectively plans and manages projects ranging in size and complexity that may involve coordination of integrated
resources from other parts of the business. The incumbent is responsible for achieving high quality and desired project delivery outcomes, supporting the professional growth of others through mentoring and coaching. The Consultant also contributes to
enhancing practice-related intellectual capital, approaches and tools and supports efforts to grow revenue and profitability of the business.
Consultant reports to a designated manager within Segal’s Corporate Retirement Practice and collaborates with Client Relationship Managers (CRMs), Segal consultants, client teams and external clients.
The Consultant supports and manages project work that involves defining operational, organizational and technology requirements for the administration of a client’s benefits programs and; develops or contributes to
developing and implementing strategies and solutions to effectively deliver benefits to a client’s employees.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Supporting Senior Consultants within the practice and/or acting as the
project manager on assigned projects, accountable for day-to-day client contact, developing work plans, budgets, and overall delivery of consulting services.
- Attending and actively participating in client meetings, performing work as required for
assigned projects, taking ownership of work products, and ensuring all work meets the Company quality standards.
- Producing well-written reports (including analysis, findings, and recommendations), presentations, proposals, and other work products.
(Note: Most projects will require the delivery of written work products that will be prepared by the Consultant and reviewed by the Senior Consultant.)
- Contributing own expertise to client assignments and, under the guidance of Senior Consultants,
advising clients on benefits administrative or technology issues as it relates to strategic planning, process re-engineering, organizational design and recruitment, design and implementation of benefit systems, web sites and other technologies, vendor
selection process (for third party administration as well as benefit systems), and system implementation/post-implementation support. Develops and expands own expertise to continually introduce, define/refine client service offerings and to enhance the
professional and technical development of the practice.
- Staying current on latest trends, legislative changes, and vendors, and identifies impact on clients and our services and; developing and expanding own expertise and working to enhance service
offerings / products, standardized work processes and other professional and technical capabilities of the practice.
- Acting as a technical resource and provides technical guidance to other professionals in the practice, mentoring junior staff and
participating in junior staff development as appropriate.
- Leading and supporting marketing and new business development efforts as needed including preparing proposals, developing marketing materials, networking with CRMs, clients and
professionals, and presentations and proactively identifying new business opportunities including proposal preparations, client/prospect presentations, speeches, article writing.
- BA / BS degree in
human resources, business administration, finance, or related field. Master’s degree or Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS) accreditation desired.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant employee benefits experience within a consulting or
professional services firm and/or a company involving benefits administration or technology services (e.g., third party administrator or system vendor). Systems implementation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of benefit plan administration, systems
and governmental legislation.
- Technical experience including understanding of legislation (e.g., IRS / Treasury / DOL regulations, etc.), general plan design concepts, knowledge of plan administration needs and procedures, experience with selection
and implementation of third party administration services, and experience in system implementation projects. The Consultant has strong understanding of HR process and data and will serve as a point-of-contact and assists with ensuring data integrity and
testing of systems and upgrades made to system.
- Knowledge of benefits administration system functional requirements, vendor selection process, systems vendors and products, and experience with system implementations desired.
- Strong computer
knowledge and skills including Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Project, etc.).
- Demonstrated project management skills, including planning and prioritizing tasks, developing formal project plans, budgeting and
monitoring progress and executing as planned.
- Excellent communication (i.e., verbal, written to include effective technical writing) and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with diverse audiences. Note:
Ability to step immediately into a client contact role is required.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Willingness to travel 20% - 40% of the time.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 1343 times.
It expires on 8/12/2019.