Retirement Account Analyst
in East Lansing MI
The Retirement Account Analyst I is responsible for client service support, assisting the retirement account administrators in the
preparation of compliance tests and assisting in reconciling and preparing Form 5500 filings.
Job Function Number 1: Client Service - 40%
- Provide backup to
administrators for plan sponsor telephone calls, emails and other requests.
- Timely response to internal and external inquiries.
- Keep managers and administrators informed of sensitive client issues and special client
- Proactively work to retain clients and assets.
- Assist in client feedback efforts and help identify and resolve client service issues, as well as meet long-term client needs.
Job Function Number 2: Support to Compliance and Form 5500 Reporting – 40%
- Evaluate the integrity of the census data provided by
clients and resolve discrepancies accurately.
- Ensure year-end census information is accurately imported into appropriate systems.
- Work with Manager/Supervisor to resolve technical issues.
- Help prepare Form 5500 filings,
reconciliations and Summary Annual Report for administrator’s review.
Job Function Number 3: Leadership and Engagement – 20%
- Actively engage in the success of ARB and
Alerus, promoting and supporting new and ongoing initiatives with positive active team involvement resulting in a successful outcome.
- Participate in meetings for the company, department and administration unit.
- Provide backup to other
analysts and within the plan services unit.
- Foster a positive work environment and support co-workers in achievement of departmental goals.
- Treat all co-workers with professionalism.
- Actively supports the use of Client Gateway by
documenting pertinent conversations and emails with clients and others as applicable.
- Recognize and celebrate individual and team accomplishments.
- Basic knowledge of Excel and
- Good written/oral communication, organization and client service skills required.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Available to work overtime to cover peak work loads and other business
- Demonstrated relational skills such as diplomacy, judgment, decision making and discretion.
- Initiative, creativity and energetic active engagement in all work
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize workflow of self and others and coordinate activity as an effective team member to meet deadlines and make effective decisions under pressure.
- Established communication, presentation and
- Demonstrated professional business skills and demeanor.
- Demonstrated problem solving abilities.
Physical Demands: (must be met with or without a reasonable
- Extended periods of time sitting at a desk and using office equipment.
- Ability to operate a personal computer/laptop for approximately 8 hours per day.
- Extended time is spent reviewing physical and
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Periodically, may
also do light lifting of supplies and materials which weighs in at approximately 20 lbs.
- Will spend most of time in an indoor environment.
Alerus Financial is an Equal Opportunity Employer of women, minorities, protected veterans and
individuals with disabilities.
How to Apply
Please apply online via our website.
This ad has been viewed 547 times.
It expires on 8/12/2019.