Retirement Plan Services Administrator
Hancock Whitney Bank
in Gulfport MS
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Provides administrative services and support to clients within Trust Retirement Plan Services.
- Supports RPS RM in the design, implementation, and management of their retirement plans in accordance with the terms of the plan
- Provides participant support and/or conduct participant education and enrollment meetings under the supervision of the RM or more senior Administrator.
- Assist the RM in conducting relationship, investment, and plan reviews with
clients to ensure the plan design and the fund menu are consistent with the client’s goals and needs.
- Serves as the administrative contact for clients and third party providers in the servicing of client accounts and
- Performs and/or monitors daily transactions required in the administration of various client relationships and accounts.
- Organizes and maintains files
and prepares correspondence and reports as needed.
- Reviews/studies plan documents to gain a full understanding of plan provisions.
- Assists with annual account reviews and prepares monthly Trust Administrative Committee
- Keeps current with all laws and regulations applicable to primary Trust function (i.e. IRS, DOL).
- Consults with Relationship Managers regarding more complex issues.
- Serves as a liaison between Trust Administration
and other bank departments
- May serve as backup to Trust receptionist periodically for vacation, illness, and lunch breaks.
- Attends Trust school and continuing education/training classes
- All other duties/special projects as
- Incumbent is required to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local banking and industry related laws and regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION &
- Requires at least a high school education with a bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting Strongly preferred.
- Requires at least 4 years of experience in Employee Benefits
- An equivalent combination of education and related experience or training may be considered.
- Basic knowledge of Trust Administration and operations.
- Experienced level of understanding of Employee Benefits
laws and administrative procedures.
The company has identified a set of core competencies that are vital to our business achieving a competitive advantage and delivering a unique
value to our customers. These competencies are the capabilities each and every associate must exhibit through commitment and demonstration to fulfill this competitive advantage.
Each associate must be committed
- Business Ethics: carrying out the business as per self-acknowledged moral standards
- Organizational Support: supporting the company’s goals and objectives
- Quality & Quantity: accuracy and
completeness while striving for increased production
- Safety & Security: adheres to the banks policies and procedures and reports abuse
Each associate must
- Adaptability: embracing change as the work place changes; managing competing demands and unexpected events; enthusiastically accepting challenges.
- Dependability: takes a
conscientious and reliable approach toward work
- Initiative: proactively initiates positive change, ready to take independent action, make decisions and prepares in advance
- Professionalism: approaches work and fellow associates with a
behavior, attitude and image that portrays respect, trust, courtesy, empathy and integrity.
- Diversity: treat all people with respect and honor along with sensitivity to cultural differences.
The following competencies are position specific. Select from the following:
- Cognitive Competencies: Verbal Comprehension, Business Math, Organizational & Planning.
- Motivation Competencies:
Commitment to Excellence, Self Evaluation & Development, Competitiveness & Ambition.
- Interpersonal Competencies: Listening, Communication Skills - Oral & Written, Interpersonal Skills, Customer Focus, Collaborative.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
- Ability to operate a keyboard if required to perform the essential job
- Ability to read and interpret a document if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job functions
- Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 25 pounds if
required to perform the essential job functions. If the employee is unable to lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing the department/division an “undue hardship” then the employee must be accommodated; hence
omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical requirement.
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised. Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest version. Information contained
herein should be treated as confidential to Hancock Holding Company.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY TIME
How to Apply
This ad has been viewed 269 times.
It expires on 8/11/2019.