in Chicago IL
Newport Group is a leading provider of retirement plans, insurance, and consulting services. We help
companies offer their employees a more secure financial future by offering comprehensive plan solutions and consulting expertise to plan sponsors and the advisors who serve them.
Actuarial Analyst will work in teams with other Actuaries to deliver actuarial and financial modeling services to our clients. S/he will analyze client data, run actuarial valuations, prepare new plan documents and restatements, plan terminations,
prepare IRS Form 5500, conduct benefit calculations and provide support to client managers.
You are the right person for the role if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, or mathematics
- You have
0-3 Years’ experience in a similar role
- You have strong mathematical, analytical and problem solving skills
- You have the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced team environment
- You possess exceptional
organization skills, strong attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- Successful completion or progress of the Society of Actuary exams is desirable
- ProVal or ASC software experience a plus but not a
The Actuarial Analyst will:
- Complete pension funding and accounting defined benefit actuarial valuation reports for review by Actuary.
- Coordinate participant data with client, inputs and
checks participant eligibility, reviews plan provisions and government regulations
- Develop Excel spreadsheets and Word documents to aid in producing actuarial valuations.
- Prepare plan forms and notices, required government forms (Form 5500
and related schedules, Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) premium filings, PBGC Notice of Intent to Terminate, etc.)
- Assist Actuaries and other team members with managing projects and meeting both external (i.e. IRS/DOL/PBGC) and internal
(i.e. setting and meeting client expectations) deadlines
- Provide high level client support and customer service on day-to-day issues with clients, acts in a proactive manner with assigned clients and builds strong client relationships to ensure
Newport group offers for employment are conditioned upon satisfactory completion of our employment screening process (including, but not limited to, a review of past employment and education records, background investigation, and/or
Newport Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, gender expression, national origin, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental
disability, veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 337 times.
It expires on 8/11/2019.