Employee Benefits Plan Assistant
Employee Benefits Security Administration, U.S. Department of Labor
in Boston MA
Open & closing dates: 06/07/2019 to 06/20/2019
Pay scale &
grade: GS 06
Salary: $41,965 to $54,560 per year
2 vacancies in Boston MA
Telework eligible? No
DOL seeks to attract and retain a high performing and diverse
workforce in which employees’ differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying needs of the diverse customers we serve. DOL fosters a diverse and inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility and fairness so that
all individuals are able to participate and contribute to their full potential.
These positions are inside the bargaining unit.
Supports outreach & technical assistance program
- Preparing automated reports for team and project leaders
- Serving as initial point of contact for incoming technical assistance and compliance assistance inquiries
- Determining whether inquiry is within EBSA's
- Entering data into databases for the Benefits Advisors and/or Investigators/Auditors
- Assisting with preparations for outreach events (registration, materials, etc.)
- Preparing mass mailings for outreach and/or
- As directed, preparing standard written correspondence on inquiries
Provides administrative support for investigative, outreach, & technical assistance staff by:
- Serving as travel
arranger and/or administrative reviewer of E2 travel authorizations and vouchers
- Using office automation software to produce letters, reports, memoranda, forms, mailing labels, etc.
- Using spreadsheets to enter, revise, sort and calculate
data for reports
- Preparing training authorizations
Provides general administrative support for the office by:
- Serving as the office receptionist (answering telephones promptly, receiving and directing
visitors, receiving packages)
- Monitoring office supplies and preparing requests for additional supplies
- Providing support to other administrative staff members
May be required to lift up to 30
Conditions of Employment
- U.S. Citizen
- Subject to a one year probationary period, if one has not been completed.
- Subject to a background investigation.
Applicants must meet all
legal and regulatory requirements. Reference the "Required Documents" section for additional requirements.
Applicants MUST have 52 weeks of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next
lower grade level (i.e., GS-5 for GS-6) in Federal Service. This specialized experience MUST have equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge skills and abilities to successfully perform the duties of the
position and is typically related to the position to be filled.
Examples of qualifying specialized experience:
- Experience with laws and regulations governing employee benefits
- Experience with regulations and procedures for filing reports, opening and closing cases, and the disposition of employee complaints;
- Experience dealing with standard operating procedures for handling
inquiries, and referrals to other agencies;
- Skill in written and oral communication to prepare correspondence and reports and reviewing documents for conformance with policy, format, grammatical accuracy;
- Experience in controlling
in-coming and out-going mail, controlling inventory of office supplies, maintaining files, making travel arrangements and reviewing vouchers;
- Experience using advanced office automation software and/or database and
THERE IS NO EDUCATIONAL SUBSTITUTION FOR EXPERIENCE AT THIS GRADE LEVEL.
How to Apply
The text above consists of excerpts of a job ad currently online at USAJOBS.gov. Much of the omitted information is critically important, such as the application instructions and complete qualification
See the full text of the USAJOBS.gov ad at their web page:
Clarification from the
Also advertised as job # MS-19-BNY-EBSA-74 for status applicants, VEOA eligible, Vet Recruitment Appointment; 30% or more compensable disabled veterans; Military Spouses and
Land & Management eligibles. To be considered for each, apply to BOTH jobs.
This ad has been viewed 383 times.
It expires on 6/20/2019.