Sr. Retirement Plan Benefit Administrator
Compass Retirement Consulting Group
in Stratham NH / MA / ME / Telecommute
Compass Retirement Consulting Group and Compass 360 are
third party administration firms that provide employers with retirement plan design, administration, actuarial services, and ongoing plan consulting. Compass 360 is the Fiduciary arm of the group. We create and nurture a partnership with
our clients to understand their needs and create retirement programs that integrate with the financial and human resources goals.
We have offices in Stratham, NH and Concord, NH and offer a flexible work schedule, casual
work environment and competitive benefits package.
As a Sr. Benefit Administrator, you will be fully responsible for working with the client to perform annual plan testing, valuations,
calculations, and the completion and filing of required forms. This will require that you work directly with our clients, auditors (DOL/IRS and other) to ensure that information is accurate, and all deadlines are
- Review plan documents and service agreements for new clients and upload required information into Datair software.
directly with clients to ensure annual census and other required plan information is received.
- Download necessary information on plan assets for assigned clients from vendor
- Perform annual testing (ADP/ACP, 402(g), Top Heavy determination, 410(b), etc.) accurately and timely.
- Prepare and complete annual valuations.
- Correct plan errors and late deferrals as
- Communicate failed test results to client in a clear and concise manner to ensure client understands results. Complete excess forms for client and follow-up with client and vendors as necessary to ensure the
corrections were made.
- Calculate employer contributions and true-up contributions accurately and timely.
- Perform other required projections, tests, and calculations as needed.
- Complete and
file required government forms (Form 5500, 5330, 5558, etc.) as needed accurately and timely as required.
- Upload vesting information to vendor websites and ensure data is accurate.
- Create plan
termination package and follow-up through required steps including testing, distributions, and filing find Form 5500 as required.
- Identify 70.5 and force out distributions for balances under
- Prepare proposals for existing clients as requested by the Compass 360 Manager.
- Work directly with large plan auditors and/or DOL/IRS auditors as
- Other tasks as requested.
Attributes & Competencies:
- Bachelor Degree in accounting,
finance, or related field with 7+ years of related experience in retirement plan management, customer service, and financial services
- working knowledge of the various types of retirement plans and the IRS and DOL regulations pertaining
- proven customer service and relationship management skills to build relationships with assigned client base for the long-term
- strong verbal and written communications skills using clear and grammatically correct language
ability to problem solve, be pro-active, and demonstrate initiative
- robust time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task required
- comprehensive knowledge and understanding of retirement plans and payroll
- ability to work both independently and in a collaborative team environment
- superb attention to detail with the ability to meet deadlines
- experience using Datair, Pension
Pro, Excel, and other retirement plan verification and calculation software platforms required.
Compass Retirement Consulting Group offers a competitive benefits package including group health, dental, life, STD, LTD, 401(k),
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
This ad has been viewed 785 times.
It expires on 8/5/2019.