Manager - North America Benefits
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc
in Allentown PA
Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases and chemicals, has an immediate opening for a
Manager – North America Benefits at our Corporate Headquarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The Manager - North America Benefits, oversees administration of benefit plans with primary focus on retirement plans, including 401(k),
defined benefit, and non-qualified plans. Serves as project manager for new plan implementations and acquisitions/plan mergers. Coordinates with outside vendor regarding changes to internal or external interfaces and process improvements.
Oversees plan compliance and Non-Discrimination testing. Oversees annual audit and prepares schedules for Form 5500s. Coordinates project plans for plan design changes, investment change/mapping implementations, investment and plan
communications. Provides assistance with other benefit plan matters, including health and welfare and stock plans, as needed.
Essential Job Duties:
- Design, implement, and regularly review benefit programs; ensure programs
remain market competitive, cost effective, legally compliant, and aligned with our global benefits philosophy and Air Products business needs.
- Manages the administration for 3 Air Products Qualified Plans (2 defined benefit and 1 defined
contribution), including overseeing procedures for the transmitting demographic and contribution files to vendor and loading contribution feedback files. Oversees the annual Non-Discrimination plan testing and annual HCE contribution limit
- Manages the administration for the Air Products Canada defined benefit/defined contribution plan.
- Oversees the administration for 2 Air Products Non-Qualified Plans, including, overseeing procedures for transmitting demographic
and contribution files to vendor and transmitting payroll contributions and employer discretionary contributions, as applicable. Oversees the annual enrollment process and scheduled distributions.
- Oversees annual benefit plan audits, including
annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), including working with internal departments and outside auditors to fulfill all required documentation, testing, schedules and validation of internal controls.
- Supports administration and compliance activity for
pension, health and welfare plans, including 5500 preparation, proxy statement tables, Form 5330 filings, plan amendments, summary plan description updates, plan summaries and communication.
- Coordinates project plans for plan design changes,
investment change/mapping implementations, investment and plan communications for all plans.
- Bachelor's Degree with 8+ years’ experience required.
Advanced knowledge /
understanding of the following:
- IRC- Section 125
- DOL requirements (VFCP corrections)
- IRC Section 401(a) - Qualified Defined Benefit Plans
- IRC Section 401(k) - Qualified Defined Contribution
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation Plans
- Pre-409A and Post-409A Regulations
- IRS Annual COLA limits
- Vendor relationship management.
- Project Management
- Verbal and written
communication skills (proofreading/editing plan communications/materials).
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to interpret file specifications for interface development/enhancements.
To learn more, visit About Air Products.
Air Products offers a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays / vacation, affordable medical, dental, life insurance
and retirement plans.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview, or are currently employed by Air Products, will be contacted.
Air Products is
an Equal Opportunity Employer (U.S.) All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, citizenship, gender, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and
expression, disability, or veteran status.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link.
This ad has been viewed 647 times.
It expires on 7/12/2019.