Defined Benefits Analyst
Retirement Planning Services
Retirement Planning Services, Inc. specializes in the design and administration of qualified 401(k), retirement plans and cafeteria plans. We are dedicated to setting the standard for professional, accurate, and timely service, and to equipping our
clients with access to the most advanced plan administration technologies available. Since 1977 RPS has built its reputation on trustworthy, expert administration and a knowledgeable staff. Our mission at RPS is to “build great
relationships through great service.” We value our strategic alliances with vendors and brokers and are committed to the highest ethical standards. Many of our clients have been with us for more than 20 years. If you are a high energy,
self-driven individual looking for a career home in a dynamic, fast moving organization; we should talk!
Retirement Planning Services is seeking an experienced Defined Benefits/Cash Balance Analyst. The successful candidate will work
directly with enrolled actuaries and be responsible for analyzing and updating record-keeping systems with financial and non-financial data to ensure accuracy and alignment with plan document provisions. The ideal candidate will have experience
working with cash balance/defined benefit plans and be a self-directed, critical thinker.
In order to become a valued member of our company, the right candidate must: understand, embrace, live and demonstrate support of our company’s
mission and value statements. We live and work in the vision and practice of the values of PILOT.
“P” (lives with purpose), “I” (improves the experience) “L” (committed to learning) “O” (owns
the results), “T” (believes in teamwork). This, in turn, is anchored to our mission statement of “Great Service Begins with Me”. All these attributes are paramount to successfully supporting and working in our
Job Description: The candidate must:
- Handle all aspects of qualified retirement plan administration for Defined Benefit/Cash Balance plans for client, interpreting complex plan documents
client satisfaction through the successful completion of complex qualified and pension calculations for traditional and cash balance plans
- Complete annual trust accounting and plan valuations including Form 5500 and all required
- Perform: 416, 401(k), 401(m), 410(b), 401(a)(4) and 415 tests
- Calculate employer contributions, determine participant eligibility and allocate earnings and contributions, and review all plan distributions
- Resolve any plan,
transaction, and/or distribution issues by clarifying, determining the root cause, selecting and explaining the best solution, and expediting correction or adjustment; following up to ensure resolution
- Communicate plan changes to clients, advisors,
CPA’s, and/or ERISA attorneys
- Display a positive, team-oriented attitude to help create a friendly environment for clients and team members
The candidate will:
- Have 5 or more years retirement plan industry experience;
Defined Contribution\Defined Benefit required, and non-qualified knowledge preferred
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree or comparable professional work experience
- Demonstrate strong understanding of all facets of cash balance / defined benefit
- Have the ability to multi-task and solve complex problems in a fast paced, deadline driven environment; handling all requests in a confidential and professional manner
- Have strong attention to detail, organization,
multi- tasking, and follow up skills
- Demonstrate superior interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Thrive in a team environment and be a positive team member
- Have technology and computer proficiency in Microsoft
Office and Relius software
- Experience with Pension Pro software is preferred
- Have the ability to work with large files requiring formatting, formulas, links and to solve problems with data through spreadsheet application
- ASPPA or
NIPA designation required
- Have the opportunity to work remotely, must conform to Mountain Standard time work hours
No phone calls to Retirement Planning Services, Inc., please.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: http://bit.ly/RPSDBDC
This ad has been viewed 2077 times.
It expires on 8/4/2019.