Retirement Plan Consultant
First American Bank
in Elk Grove Village IL
This position is responsible for maintaining an assigned book of business as well as cultivating new
business through a high level of customer relations. This individual will work alongside each of the internal departments as well as communicate to the client on the coordination of plan administration as well as address issues that arise in the
administration of the plan by providing solutions, plan design changes and offer suggestions to effectively administer the plan and service the client.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solicit new business
referrals and independently generate relationships with outside sources for new business development through personal and professional networking.
- Development of appropriate plan design to meet client objectives, consult with client on
recommendations, and implement proper changes as needed.
- Advise clients on all technical, regulatory and problematic administrative issues and work with administrative team on solutions.
- Analyze client accounts for profitability, prepare
timely billing and ensure collection of fees.
- Maintain a current understanding of ERISA and Internal Revenue Code and keep up with industry trends.
- Meet with client and perform enrollment/investment education meetings, as
- Work with Investment Team on the development and ongoing review of the current plan investment menu and advise of any changes warranted, if applicable.
- Communicate and consult with outside plan professionals, including accountants,
attorneys and other FAB officers.
- Represent clients before the Internal Revenue Service and Department of Labor.
- Communicate and consult with outside plan professionals, including accountants, attorneys and other FAB
- Assist in the review of plan administration, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of five years of experience retirement plan
industry. High level of knowledge in all aspects of third party administration through hands on experience in compliance, reporting and the day to day administration of retirement plans is required.
- A strong understanding of ERISA and
the Internal Revenue Code with in depth knowledge of mutual fund offerings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Excellent organizational skills as well as the ability to speak before groups. Must be
- Must have advanced experience Microsoft Office products, including Word and Excel.
- Day travel is required as well as occasional out of state travel to accommodate clients.
- Typical scheduled hours are Monday through
Friday 8:00 -5:00. Additional hours may be required as workload dictates.
How to Apply
here to review the job posting and to formally apply.
This ad has been viewed 1108 times.
It expires on 7/5/2019.