AVP, New Business, US Pension Risk Transfer
in New York NY / NJ
MetLife’s Retirement & Income Solutions (RIS) business provides solutions tailored
to meet the unique business needs of plan sponsors in funding and managing the risks associated with qualified, non-qualified and welfare benefit obligations. The group is organized around three primary product areas: Life & Income Funding
Solutions, Stable Value & Investment Products, and U.S. Pensions, which collectively offer pension products, institutional income annuities, stable value products, corporate and bank owned life insurance, and post-retirement benefit solutions. In
addition, RIS provides annuity solutions for personal injury claims in the structured settlements market.
U.S. Pensions includes our Pension Risk Transfer business in the U.S. Our team of technical pension experts uses a consultative approach
to develop and implement de-risking solutions for the Defined Benefits pension plans of our clients. As a team, we strive to identify a client’s needs and concerns, present possible solutions, and determine ways to implement them. We work in
partnership with sponsors’ actuaries, consultants, counsel and other advisors. Our commitment is to provide value and security to our pension clients while offering plan participants and annuitants excellent service. MetLife has been in the pension
business for more than 90 years and is a market leader in the U.S.
As the AVP, New Business, you will be an integral part of our efforts to drive sales for our Pension Risk Transfer business. You will provide
management for aspects of large case US Pension Risk Transfer, (PRT) deal management activities and provide thought leadership to product development and new business opportunities in the Pensions Group.
The principle responsibilities of this position include:
- As an industry expert, provide solutions for new and unique challenges and support negotiations during Pre-Sale process by offering recommendations and
- Approve initial underwriting/pricing for new bid requests
- Lead work effort with pricing, corporate and finance teams on governance approvals, assumptions, pricing processes, and exceptions for large complex PRT
- Develop process to identify opportunities for cross-functional marketing of large corporate clients
- Interface with Finance and Corporate Pricing Oversight to finalize pricing and capital assumptions and methodologies and to
improve competitiveness and profit margin
- Lead projects to help continue to create new and enhanced tools to aid in automation and quality control processes
- Solicit & analyze competitive data
- Develop and maintain relationships
with PRT consultants and advisors to enhance MetLife brand
- Assist in completion of actuarial projects in support of the PRT business
- Review client provided tools, models, and samples and assess our processes for servicing the
- Participate in client visits/meetings (lead for technical discussions with clients, intermediaries, TPAs)
- Provide consultative support for transaction managers on issues that may surface during the onboarding
- Reports to: VP Pension Solutions, US Pensions
- Direct reports/team: Initially one, with the potential to grow
Stakeholders: All areas of Retirement & Income Solutions including Pricing, Contracts, Operations, Sales and Marketing. Internal stakeholders also include Finance, Investments, Legal, Tax, Controllers, M&A, and
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or other
business or highly quantitative field
- Previous experience with pension de-risking in consulting or insurance required
- CFA or MBA preferred
- Actuarial credentials and/or Enrolled Actuary are a plus
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically
builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives
- Seizes Opportunity – Seeks new opportunities and ways to create balanced business growth while improving
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards
MetLife, through its
subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded
in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with more than
$587.7 billion in combined managed assets as of September 31, 2018. We are ranked #43 on the Fortune 500 list for 2018. In 2018, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the third year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the
leading sustainability-driven companies.
Our goal in everything we do is to offer customers truly differentiated value propositions that allow us to establish clear competitive advantages. We
pride ourselves on being a trusted partner to our customers as they navigate life’s twists and turns. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
MetLife is a proud equal
opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife's policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://jobs.metlife.com/MLG/job/New-York-Assistant-Vice-President%2C-New-Business%2C-Pension-Risk-Transfer-NY-0/554027900/?utm_source=EmployeeBenefitsJobs&utm_campaign=BenefitsLink
This ad has been viewed 1589 times.
It expires on 6/29/2019.