Defined Contribution Consultant
in CT / FL / MN / NC / NY / PA
Location: Bloomington MN, Norwalk CT, New York NY, Radnor PA, Tampa FL or Winston-Salem NC
Aon is looking for a Defined Contribution
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting our Defined Contribution Consulting Practice. This position can be located in one
of the following offices: Bloomington MN, Norwalk CT, New York NY, Radnor PA, Tampa FL or Winston-Salem NC
The Defined Contribution Consultant will have the following responsibilities:
- Perform vendor searches: RFP preparation,
distribution, analysis, reporting.
- Perform vendor fee and expense analyses.
- Assist clients in managing their vendors.
- Coordinate fiduciary oversight processes, checklists and documentation with clients.
- Handle data analysis,
spread-sheeting and PowerPoint report preparation.
- Research plan design trends and calculate financial impact of design changes.
- Coordinate vendor implementations/conversions.
- Manage client projects and services independently,
coordinate with project teams, and proactively communicate with lead consultant on fulfillment of deliverables.
- Initiate proactive client interaction, servicing and problem-solving by providing research and technical support to
- Provide proactive and creative support to clients. Apply good judgment and appropriate follow-through with clients, firm employees, and other service providers to clients.
- Demonstrate initiative and ownership of all client-related
- Exhibit strong knowledge of defined contribution plan administration and compliance requirements, and the ability to apply this knowledge to client work.
- Efficiently manage time and internal resources to allow for effective handling
of multiple projects for multiple clients simultaneously.
- Provide support that contributes to the success of assigned client teams.
- Participate in and contribute to the success of marketing activities. Provide support in the preparation of
proposals and RFP responses and new business presentations.
The successful candidate will possess the following credentials and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline. CEBS, ASPPA or other retirement certification
programs and/or coursework is a plus.
- 3-10 years of experience in defined contribution consulting including experience with a variety of DC plans including 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.
- A strong understanding of defined contribution
administration requirements according to IRS and ERISA.
- An understanding of the 401(k)-recordkeeping marketplace and experience with recordkeeper selection and management, fee analysis, and fiduciary support. Prior recordkeeping experience also a
- Strong analytical and consultative inquiry skills.
- Strong PC experience, particularly the Microsoft suite of business applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, high-pressure
- Team player who can work with a variety of individuals.
- Ability to work independently on a variety of projects, receive instructions from a number of people and meet project deadlines.
- Excellent planning and
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education &
training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement
for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it
means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health
solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand
that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the
nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be
notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts
management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
How to Apply
Please apply through Aon's career site for immediate consideration: http://jobs.aon.com/aon/dc-consultant
Location: Bloomington MN, Norwalk CT, New York NY, Radnor PA, Tampa FL or
This ad has been viewed 1826 times.
It expires on 6/29/2019.