Vice President, Relationship Management
in Newton MA / Telecommute
Ascensus is the largest independent retirement and college savings services provider in the United States, helping over 8
million Americans save for the future. We have an exceptional opportunity fro a seasoned Relationship Management professional to manage an expanding set of critical state government, business-to-business and distribution focused client
Develop and maintain relationships with State Treasurers, government staff, and key external partners in order to meet their 529 college savings business goals.
- Accountable for
overall sales and marketing strategy
- Accountable for operational support
- Responsible for growing plans to generate more revenue, manage expenses and increase profitability
- Single point of contact for day-to-day client relationship
management for several key state and investment management partners with ultimate accountability in regards to overall client satisfaction of the 529 relationship, plan direction and associated deliverables.
- Coordinate and oversee partner project
- Coordinate and oversee marketing plans
- Initiate problem resolution initiatives when necessary
- Ensure client satisfaction with Ascensus Government Savings, several 529 plans and several key relationships through consistent
informal and formal client contact. Continually strive to meet contractual commitments, service levels, client retention, satisfaction and
in quarterly board meetings
- Oversee service level agreements
- Be a thought leader and champion for partners
- Develop and manage to an annual plan and budget for each state and investment partner, including identification of client
priorities and goals for each year. Regularly re-evaluate goals in order to tighten direction, objectives and initiative based on budget, market environment and results
- Oversee the overall plan budget
- Ensure revenue is met while offering
progressive opportunities to lower expense
- Work with state, external clients and internal Ascensus partners to define services, prioritize requests, and negotiate contract amendments and renewals, when applicable.Oversee all provisions within
- Manage and coordinate business requirements, implementation and launch of strategic initiatives, including product enhancements, new resources, and material product changes for both key partners and Ascensus, such as innovative
tools, fund changes, website redesigns and conversions.
- Work with external financial auditors to compile and consolidate annual audited financials to be reported and accounted for in the states' CAFR on an annual basis.
with internal marketing, implementation, reporting, development, operations, and legal teams to deliver on client requests, in coordination with investment management partners.
- Compilation and reporting on plan metrics to all partners on a daily,
weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
- Manage analysis, development and delivery of quarterly and annual management reports and investment reviews with clients adhering to state/plan investment policies and Ascensus investment oversight
- Responsible for protecting, securing, and proper handling of all confidential data held by Ascensus to ensure against unauthorized access, improper transmission, and/or unapproved disclosure of information that could result in harm to
Ascensus or our clients.
- The I-Client philosophy and the Core Values of People Matter, Quality First and Integrity Always® should be visible in your actions on a day to day basis showing your support of our organizational
- 10+ years' experience in financial services industry
- 5+ years managing and developing strategic business relationships
- 10+ years of 529 or 401(k) client management
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses
- Other experience a plus but not required: Sales and business development experience; FINRA Series 24 license
- Excellent cooperative leadership skills
- Excellent interpersonal
skills and a team orientation
- Excellent investment product and operations knowledge
- Excellent client services experience
- Extensive marketing and public relations experience
- Moderate travel required (up to 25
Ascensus is a place to have a career, not just a job. As the largest US independent retirement and college savings services provider, we put our focus on people. Our culture is guided by sound principles, is
committed to high standards, operates with transparency, and welcomes diversity. When you join our team, you get to go to work every day knowing that you help over 6 million Americans save for retirement and college.
Ascensus is an Equal Opportunity
Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, age, citizenship, sex, marital or veteran status, disability or handicap, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Ascensus also takes affirmative action to employ, and advance in employment, qualified women, minorities, and covered veterans. Ascensus also makes reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities, in accordance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act and applicable state laws
How to Apply
Apply online using this link: https://www.applytracking.com/tp/rj6_W37Iz-e-K
This ad has been viewed 1895 times.
It expires on 6/26/2019.